|Job Type:||Full Time|
Location, location, location! Microsoft Maps and Geospatial team is looking for extremely passionate people who understand the power of location and are invigorated by the Internet of Things combining space and time to actuate rich, powerful mobility and geospatial scenarios. Azure Maps provides location-based services for Azure enterprise customer applications, geospatial insights for IoT device analytics and location capabilities for mobility and automotive applications.
The Microsoft Maps and Geospatial team is looking for a Senior Program Manager to manage core location-based services that cross all industries for customers who need maps in their apps…which is everyone! We’re looking for candidates who can build requirements against customer scenarios that drive our innovation and investments in mapping services; communicate and collaborate with partner teams; define innovative, industry-changing location-based services working with both customers/partners and in-house development teams; and, focus on cross-team integration initiatives to further ensure Azure Maps is the location platform for all customers who come to Azure.
Azure Maps has a number of strategic partnerships critical to the success of our product and this is a Technical partner facing PM role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to-
- Scoping and authoring specifications for services and respective integration
- Collaborating with partners to integrate their services to Azure Maps
- Collaborating with partners on data, service, logic and API improvements
- PM requirements of new, in-house developed, complementary services
- Build, manage and maintain metrics for success; and respond to customer (both internal and external) functional, quality and coverage inquiries regarding the service
- 5+ years of Technical Program Management and/or Software Engineering experience is required
- Strong Program Management (PM) experience in managing customer relationships and engagements, triaging and managing priorities is required.
- Experience designing and shipping complex, technical scalable systems is required.
- Demonstrated track record of collaborating with customers, working across various platforms and coordinating with product teams is required.
- B.S. in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent industry experience
- Some international travel also required.
- Familiarity with cloud computing is nice to have.
- Previous experience working with location-based web services is highly desired.
- Ability to impact & influence customers with great technical acumen; ability to influence without authority; and strong communication skills all required.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.