|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft 365 Support Escalation Engineer – Skype for Business/Teams
No two days are the same in Customer Service and Support at Microsoft. We engage in challenging and complex problem solving. We constantly pick each other’s brains and our minds are always abuzz with ideas for helping our customers make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is open and welcoming, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are looking for talented people with a growth mindset, a passion for solving complex issues and obsession for customer happiness.
We are looking for engineers who love putting out fires – people who thrive under difficult and challenging circumstances, who enjoy getting involved in tough situations and learn at the same time.
If you love technology and believe that your abilities can be developed through effort and persistence, and it makes your day when a customer or peer thank you for your help, this may be the career opportunity for you.
About the Role:
You will be accountable for providing an outstanding technical support experience to our Enterprise customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage your investigation over the phone and Web.
When needed, you will transfer your cases to your colleagues, involve subject matter experts, or escalate to Engineering (Product Groups) and Management. Your day-to-day job will be about both providing technical expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues) and being an excellent communicator and a service oriented professional. You will be given the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in one or more areas and receive guidance and mentorship from your colleagues.
Every day you will have to make judgment calls regarding your case load, how to prioritize it, how to maximize your effectiveness, how to set time aside to learn about our new products and technologies, and evolve as a professional.
How your day looks like as a Support Escalation Engineer - main responsibilities:
- Be available to take ownership of new cases and escalations.
- Provide support to customers, partners, and other engineers.
- Scope customer’s issues and support boundaries by collecting the relevant facts.
- Investigate the problem by doing your own research and by involving other teams as needed.
- Consult with your immediate peers or colleagues around the world, handing the case over to them if necessary.
- Escalate to management as necessary, acting internally as a customer advocate, and keeping the customers informed.
- Collaborate with management and engineering in order to resolve service issues and in order to produce bug fixes, patches, test cases as appropriate.
- Ensure that each support request owned by you is handled as per our Service Level Agreement (SLA) and to the highest possible customer satisfaction by setting the right expectations and fulfilling your commitments.
- Document your technical work and research in a detailed and comprehensive manner.
- Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying and correcting customer satisfaction concerns before they become problems.
- Analyze and troubleshoot technical problems, identify solutions and create, update technical content based on your analysis.
- Provide training and knowledge transfer to your colleagues.
What are we looking for?
Growth mindset – genuine desire and motivation to learn and develop yourself. You embrace challenges, and persist in the face of setbacks. You consider failure an opportunity to learn, so whatever it happens you win. You are passionate about “studying” and you are always actively seeking knowledge and more expertise.
Passion to serve customers, in fact, you are obsessed with them – you have a genuine desire to help even under the most challenging circumstances.
You can handle high pressure situations well – you maintain calm and composure on really stressful situations.
Finally you possess strong communication skills, the ability to work in a team, excellent problem-solving skills and capability to deal with changes in a really fast paced environment.
- Fluent Spoken and written English and Brazilian Portuguese or English and Spanish (including technical writing)
- Experience working with Windows Server, Active Directory, Azure AD Connect, Active Directory Federation Services. Knowledge of Office 365 technologies – particularly, Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams.
- Foundations in Office 365 voice offerings (Audio Conferencing, Phone System, Calling Plans, Direct Routing, etc.), knowledge of voice protocols such as SIP.
- Previous experience deploying, administrating and/or supporting Enterprise Unified Communications solutions that include VoIP, IM, real-time communications, UM, such as OCS/Lync/Skype for Business/Teams, Jabber, Exchange, Zoom, or Cisco WebEX is highly desired but not required.
- Strong and lengthy experience in supporting complex enterprise solutions in large environments.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data captures and trace logs to resolve customer issues in production environments specific to authentication, network connectivity, messaging, SIP or VoIP, Unified Communications.
- Strong network and/or VoIP experience with underlying technologies such as Routing & Switching Protocols, TCP/, DNS, QoS, SIP, VLANs, and WAN protocols and technologies is ideal.
- Experience working with network captures/analysis tools: Netmon, WireShark, HTTPs decryption tools is required.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving problems on Skype for Business Online and Hybrid environments set up with Lync Server 2013, Skype for Business Server 2015, Skype for Business Server 2019.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS platforms.
- Experience with Office 365 Modern Authentication.
- Experience creating/executing PowerShell scripts.
- Experience working with Office Pro Plus (Troubleshooting) is highly desired but not required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.