|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking for an opportunity to work on the leading edge and materially move the needle? Do you like to use ML/data to help solve security problems? Do you want to work in a startup-like team with potential for huge impact to the business and your career?
Join our team to help build software and systems that secure foundation of Microsoft Cloud, protecting millions of users and Microsoft's key cloud assets. Datacenter Cyber Security team is the key team focused on ensuring that the foundation of Microsoft cloud business has rock-solid security, meeting highest industry bar, and is evolving as threats landscape evolves.
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer who can evolve our state of the art data collection, backend services & processing systems. Successful candidates will have passion for security, experience building high-scale, high-performance and high-reliability services. You would be working in an exciting and fast-paced environment, collaborating with multiple teams in Security, and other organizations, building sophisticated data processing, Cloud services and security systems that protect our datacenter footprint across the world.
- Leverage a broad and current understanding of cyber security to create effective detections.
- Implement rule based/ML based detections and improve detection effectiveness.
- Build automated tools to expediate detections.
- Provide technical leadership across features, projects and tools.
- Architect, design, and develop features and solutions with high quality.
- Mentor new and junior engineers to bring them up to speed on security.
- 6+ years building and integrating ML and AI into a service/product
- 6+ years of software engineering experience on production series using programming languages like C#, C++, Java.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience
- Deep interest and knowledge in security
- Expertise in data systems, machine learning and AI
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Expertise in building and running Cloud Services
- Experience in SIEM systems is preferred but not mandatory
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.