|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Global Account Manager (GAM) is the outside senior sales person managing all aspects of the business globally, with a strategic customer. The GAM is responsible for developing and implementing a strategic account plan to drive maximum revenue and profitability, account penetration and customer satisfaction. This is achieved by establishing, leading and working closely with the customer focus team, including Account Managers, Field Engineers, Customer Service, Engineering, Quality and Operations. The GAM establishes executive level customer relationships, develops and owns the global account strategy, oversees and maintains the “big picture” and leads the outside sales teams in understanding and executing the Global strategy regionally.
- Act globally as the GAM for a specific customer while also being accountable for multiple other West Coast based automotive customers.
- Lead a team of account managers responsible for profitable sales growth, development of new business opportunities and maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Help and guide the rest of the TE organization including Engineering, Product Management and Industry Marketing, to identify and capture new business opportunities. Own overall account plan and strategy and sales pipeline, leading the account managers and field engineers, through influence, in growing and converting opportunities to achieve stretch growth and margin goals
- Manage all aspects of the account and position TE as a key supplier for current and future developments / business opportunities
- Develop executive level customer relationships, demonstrate TE’s technologies and capabilities, capture customer insights and share intelligence
- Sell the value propositions of TE’s products and services
- Understand the customer and the customer expectations/requirements
- High level decision making and influencing
- Negotiate and implement (global) contractual agreements (pricing, GPA, logistics, quality)
- Regular interaction with senior management, engineering, procurement, supply chain, and quality personnel across all key locations to assess current performance and reputation of TE, identifying areas of opportunity or improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business administration, MBA preferred
- Minimum five to ten years professional Sales & Marketing level experience
- Needs a professional level of business acumen and good financial skills
- Previous experience in account planning and relationship management
Particular Skills & Abilities Required:
- Excellent relationship and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and the ability to build strong, credible relationships with multiple organization functions (inside and outside of TE)
- Strong project management skills
- Strong selling, presentation and negotiation skills
- Clear, strategic thinker with the ability to execute on priorities
- Ability to work to deadlines and challenging targets
- Ability to identify and pursue new business opportunities in line with business plans
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.