|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about building mission critical highly available, scalable, and responsive services? Do you want to build cloud scale services using the cutting-edge technologies? Does owning the system that is home to tens of billions of accounts excite you? What about powering Microsoft’s commercial and consumer business transactions?
Microsoft's Business Application Group is looking for an enthusiastic, talented, driven, energetic, experienced Software Development Engineer who can make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of high-scale distributed systems and transform key services that power Microsoft's business. As a Principal Software Development Engineer in the team, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative solutions.
Our culture emphasizes continuous improvement, customer focus, and engineering excellence in a collaborative environment. We are looking for outstanding engineers to join our team and make our world-class cloud infrastructure even better.
- Drive business and functional requirements from internal/external customers, translate them into technical specifications, and build robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well across a range of complex systems
- Be a technical lead throughout the development lifecycle, from scoping, planning, conception, design, implementation, and testing, to documentation, delivery and maintenance
- Provide design reviews for other engineers, including feedback on architecture and design, integration, performance, and scalability
- Manage multiple technical projects, ensure schedules, milestones, and priorities are compatible with technology and business goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and equivalent experience
- Broad engineering experience in software development of large-scale distributed services
- Experience leading the delivery of large-scale systems and managing the infrastructure layer of the technology stack
- Technical expertise in at least one technical area- large scale systems engineering, building complex distributed systems, building large-scale data intensive systems
- Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues
- Experience building complex software systems that have delivered value to the customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.