|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a journey to create new experiences with Surface Duo. We believe in building devices that fully express the Microsoft vision. Fundamental part of our strategy is having desirable and powerful devices that enable the experiences people want.
The Imaging and Provisioning teams collectively bring together the user experiences into a software image and facilitates staging the devices with appropriate content for any target region in the world. Android provides a multitude of methods to reduce the number of images needed to scale to all device and sku types while providing a unique customized experience for each user. We strive to master these tools and bring our own innovations to the table as well. Using these innovations, our team enables a very high production throughput at the factory by optimizing iteration cycles between them and the core devices team. Most importantly this work needs to come together in a way that creates a delightful user experience – a keen eye for end user polish is critical.
We are seeking a talented developer with prior development experience with Linux/Android. Development experience in partnership with factory production at worldwide volumes of consumer devices, is a plus.
- Develop, design and optimize the Imaging pipeline and images to minimize the number of images needed for worldwide deployment of our devices across many carriers and customers.
- Collaborate across multiple teams to identify, design, and implement Imaging requirements for the various features needed without the release.
- Integrate and implement new customer experiences into the device experiences.
- Triage, troubleshoot, and drive to root cause issues on complex systems across hardware, software, and device.
- Eight or more years of Linux or Android development experience
- Eight or more years of C#, Java, C/C++ design and coding skills
- Enthusiastic, attention to detail, results oriented, organized, motivated and self-driven.
- Solid critical thinking and questioning skills.
- Experience developing for consumer products is a plus.
- Experience partnering with factory production is a plus.
- Experience with hardware partner development is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.