|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking for an opportunity to be a key part of one of the most innovative teams and create the best user experience in the Cloud? Are you passionate about designing, driving, and building user interfaces for some of the most popular and utilized Azure services? Do you have great customer focus and technical depths? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
We are the Azure IaaS Experiences team in the Azure Management and Portal organization, which is part of Compute in Cloud + AI. Our team is responsible for delivering the Azure Portal experience for the Azure IaaS services. We are currently looking for an energetic & talented technical Program Manager II to help us define and deliver excellent user experiences for enterprise management scenarios and hybrid management on Azure, such as Azure Arc. Because these are significant areas of growth and investment for Azure, this role provides an opportunity to contribute to Azure customer satisfaction and to Azure revenue.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Customer obsession: always starts with customer scenarios in mind, seeks to understand customer pain points and build end-to-end experiences that offer a compelling value-proposition.
- Planning and Execution: An ability to think holistically and strategically. An understanding of engineering rhythm used to help the team operate at a high level with knowledge shared appropriately and decisions made at the right level. A proven ability to plan, organize, and manage complex technical products.
- Communication: An ability to conduct insightful, multi-faceted conversations with technical decision makers inside Microsoft. An ability to conceptualize complex ideas quickly and convey them to others in a clear, effective, and motivating manner.
- Collaboration: Expert collaborations skills with an ability to work effectively across broad teams and to influence stakeholders at all levels company wide.
- Run experiments and test hypotheses broadly with Azure Arc customers to determine what pain points need to be addressed, and to influence the UX design and product direction.
- Drive requirements to the Azure backend teams who own the APIs so that we can build the best E2E experience in the Azure Portal.
- Define Portal user experiences and work across multiple disciplines (software development, partner back-end teams, design, research, support, documentation) to deliver them
- Ensure user experiences meet the team’s KPIs and delight our customers
- 3+ years of technical program management experience in a product team shipping software or services, focusing on front-end.
- Previous technical expertise in product development, cloud management, or on-premises IT environments
- Previous experience building software products with diverse engineering teams and stakeholders
- Have intellectual curiosity and a willingness to learn new things
- Experience with data-driven decision making.
- Experience managing large multi-group efforts across a company
- Deep Azure experience and an understanding of how enterprises use Azure IaaS services, particularly in compute
- Understanding of DevOps workflows and tools ecosystems
- Experience managing teams using Agile/Scrum methodology
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, engineering or a related discipline
The team is rapidly innovating on the Azure portal (http://portal.azure.com) and the number of IaaS services we are working on is continuously growing. If you are looking for a chance to work on the forefront of Azure experiences, have impact on customers and the business, and want to be part of a highly collaborative and agile team, then talk to us!
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.