|Job Type:||Full Time|
Corporate Functions Engineering is looking for software engineers to join our team. Our team builds the line of business applications and services that provides contract lifecycle management capabilities for Microsoft’s service and consulting businesses. We are embarking in our exciting journey to modernize the entire platform to further streamline the contracting experience for our end users and to provide insights and solutions to enable greater efficiency and impact for the group.
Our tech stack involves a wide variety of technologies from Angular, React, C#, microservices, SQL, NoSQL and Databricks. The services are hosted in Azure, adopting the DevOps model and we strive to prioritize investments around all forms of automation and telemetry to deliver the best possible services to support our business teams.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a collaborative environment, following agile development practices to design and develop enterprise scale applications on cloud platforms. This position also requires an individual who can demonstrate the ability to deliver highly resilient and scalable services through key partnerships across the organization and company.
- Write highly efficient clean code that can process large amounts of transactions with low latency and high reliability
- Gain understanding of Microsoft businesses and the varied processes along with their outcomes and collaborate with all stakeholders to contribute to a cohesive set of capabilities built to deliver frictionless experience
- Define estimates, roadmaps and contribute to with strategy elements – from ideation to articulation to delivery
- Participate in On Call and Site Reliability rotations to support live site and drive engineered solutions to improve customer experiences
- Collaborate effectively with other teams and disciplines and drives improvements in engineering at the org level
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative skills and/or practical experience
- 2+ years of software engineering experience building and shipping large-scale, high performance, scalable systems and services
- 1+ years of software engineering experience in any object-oriented language building and shipping large-scale, high performance, scalable systems and services
- The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Solid knowledge of data-structures, algorithms and object-oriented design patterns
- Experience developing IaaS / PaaS services for a Cloud Platform
- Experience in a DevOps culture supporting live site.
- Strong skills in designing, implementing and testing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), REST APIs & micro services
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Corporate Functions Engineering (CFE) is part of Core Services Engineering responsible for building and managing the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.