|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina, Irving, Texas, Issaquah, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Customer Service & Support
- Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more?
- Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated?
- If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you.
In Customer Service and Support, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion and obsession for customer and employee happiness.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action:
- Customer Obsession - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
- Growth Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
- Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
- One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
- Making a difference - we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
We are looking for someone who is a lifetime learner and has a demonstrated track record in building teams through effective and strong leadership, who has empowered people to help customers succeed.
The qualifications required include both excellent organizational and managerial skills as well as demonstrated leadership and customer service skills. Among those are oral and written communications skills, organization and time management skills, motivational and leadership skills as well as a general sense of the business.
You must also be able to operate effectively with all peers, superiors and subordinates under a collaborative One Microsoft approach. This person will lead our group of Partner Technical Advisors to empower our Delivery Partner to do what’s right for our customers, drive deep collaboration with internal Escalation teams & supportability teams.
About the Role…
The SDM Manager is a people manager role, accountable for a team of individual contributors focused on Delivery Partner success. Through the SDM Manager, you will oversee operational aspects of Delivery Partner (DP) support delivery technologies across multiple DP sites.
This also includes overseeing continuous improvement plans to support operational needs, cost efficiency and improved customer experience with implementation of innovative initiatives & projects. The SDM Manager will also oversee the Partner Technical Advisor (PTA) role which provides technical mentorship, readiness and escalation management to Delivery Partners globally to ensure technical issues involving Microsoft products and services are resolved for customers and partners in the most efficient and effective way.
You must also be able to operate effectively with all peers, superiors and subordinates under a collaborative One Microsoft approach. This person will lead our group of Partner Technical Advisors to empower our vendors to do what’s right for our customers, drive deep collaboration with internal Escalation teams & supportability teams.
You will represent Microsoft to our customers & Delivery Partners and will work directly with our most relevant internal groups to drive change that enhances the customer experience. You will act as the voice of the customer to internal audiences such as the Microsoft’s Engineering Group, leveraging the culture of customer obsession at Microsoft to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
- Manage a remote team of PTA’s across multiple countries /Time Zones to drive consistency in the support we provide our outsourced delivery partners
- Oversee the operational aspects of outsourced Service Delivery for targeted LOB.
- Actively partner with the RSVP SSM relationships across Delivery Partners for the LOB - help resolve conflict where necessary
- Work with leadership to contribute to future supplier Strategy from a LOB/ Operational perspective
- Point of escalation to Delivery Partner for SDM and/or PTA activity
- Overall budget accountability for Delivery Partner relationship (including adherence to invoice sign-off per process in SOW and identifying cost savings)
- Establish and maintain a regular cadence of business review (WBR, QBR etc.)
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
3+ years experience in a customer facing service role
3+ years experience in a managerial capacity
Operational and Delivery Excellence
Prefer 3+ years of industry experience with Microsoft Products and Services
Strong conviction that people can learn anything by applying the right amount of time, effort and willingness
Equally strong conviction that you can lead to great success without having to push metrics to individual team members.
Prefer 5+ years of experience leading and developing people, including both local and remote team members.
Strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills
Ability to set and communicate team and individual goals and communicate strategy, tactics and behaviors required to achieve those goals.
Great writing skills and ability to write and deliver individual reviews.
Flexibility and ability to adapt to ambiguous and changing situations
Ability to manage high pressure situations
Adept at coordinating team meetings to communicate team information, conduct training and to receive team feedback.
Proficiency in coordinating and conducting 1:1 meeting with individual team members to provide instruction, coaching and personal development as well as to receive personal feedback.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.