|Job Type:||Full Time|
The mission of the CSE (Commercial Software Engineering) team is to enable high impact organizations to achieve more and drive the value of our cloud. How do we do it? We are an industry-leading software engineering team who codes with partners and customers every day. We accelerate platform adoption and serve as trusted technical experts by coding side by side with other dev teams.
The CSE tools development team is a highly collaborative and agile team that builds applications and reporting which enables CSE to track engagements with Microsoft’s top customers and partners.
We are hiring a full-stack Sr. Software Engineer with a combination of coding and data skills to lead the evolution and development of our internal tools, reporting and analytics infrastructure. This position is a technical role with operational accountability.
In this role, you would be responsible for:
- Working with the CSE leadership team to drive the development of internal applications for automating critical business processes for the division. This work includes contributing to a React-based browser app utilized to track all CSE engagements
- Contribute to the evolution of a toolset that we use to run CSE that spans Azure DevOps as a data store, a custom front-end application, and a reporting infrastructure based on Azure Data Factory and Azure Analytics
- Work with our database team to write custom code that is part of the Azure Data Factory pipeline used for data loading in support of executive reporting
- Quickly onboarding new teams, initiatives and applications to support a rapidly changing and growing business
- Using Microsoft’s latest software and services and/or 3rd party or open source software as appropriate to drive operational excellence on a fast-growing, highly technical team
- Making the CSE team a showcase for how to use Microsoft cloud services to make smarter decisions, allocate resources, track results, and generally run a lean, agile business with minimal overhead
- At least 3+ years’ experience as a development manager or lead
- At least 1+ year's experience working with one or more of the major cloud stacks: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Alibaba Cloud, IBM Cloud.
- Demonstrated leadership skills as an engineering manager or peer-leader over several years on an Agile Engineering team.
- Production level experience and knowledge in at least one front-end framework/library required, preferably in React
- Experience with Microsoft cloud-based data services including Cosmos DB, Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, and/or Azure Data Factory
- Experience in modern DevOps practices (including Git, CI/CD)
- A keen interest to learn new technology by participating in hackfests, CSE’s technical communities, and other technical engagements. While this is primarily an internal role, this position will have ample opportunity to collaborate with other CSE team members on engagements with customers and partners
- Strong business acumen and adaptability to partner with the CSE LT on innovative solutions to constantly changing business requirements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate concisely and effectively with other executives, employees, partners, and communities
- Willingness to travel to domestic and international locations (10-20% of the time).
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related or equivalent experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.