|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in working on maps, satellite imagery and map rendering technologies? Or on processing large map datasets? Combined with the opportunity to work on full stack technologies, and the challenge of building highly available services?
The Azure Maps team is looking for engineers to help build our rendering services, data transformation pipelines, storage solutions and highly available service stacks.
We are hiring self-driven and motivated software developers to join our growing team. We are a team focused on working hard, while respecting a good work/life balance, and keeping a fun culture. Ability to defend yourself in nerf gun battles is required.
- Be a productive member of the development team and contribute to releasing and supporting systems that provide Maps and Location Services to Azure customers.
- Build and deliver scalable and highly available online services, ETL data pipelines, satellite imagery processing and web rendering sdks
- Building infrastructure which contributes to compliance and fundamentals of a successful Azure service
- Exemplify and growth mindset, while being a supportive and collaborative team member.
- Proficiency in Programming languages (C/C++ or C#).
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Prior experience shipping cloud services.
- Excellent problem solving, design, coding, and debugging skills.
- Focus on high quality software development and proficiency in unit-testing and other validation techniques.
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal communication skills.
- Education: BS/MS in Computer Science or 5 years of equivalent industry experience.
- Demonstrated experience building scalable services and/or full stack applications
- Experience with Graphics/Imagery processing or Maps/GIS processing is a strong plus.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.