|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations and Innovation (CO+I) team builds and operates Microsoft datacenters, which in turn power Microsoft’s cloud business. We anticipate and provide capacity for continuous scale, enabling ~30% of Microsoft revenue through Commercial Cloud ($38 billion in FY20 Q1). The CO+I Engineering team (CO+IE) delivers services, applications, and automation supporting datacenter planning, construction, and operation. We own a large portfolio of services, including workflows that enable predicable, lowest cost datacenter construction, telemetry systems that drive high availability and optimized energy usage, and task and performance management applications that help our operation run as efficiently as possible. CO+I Engineering is a competitive advantage for Microsoft, and an important pillar in its cloud success.
- Build and lead a strong, effective, and engaged program management team
- Establish standards and processes to ensure consistency in delivery of features and projects
- Provide data driven insights and reporting on resource capacity across program to leadership
- Align program, stakeholders, and team members to meet and exceed objectives and key results
- Manage escalations and help unblock team members on project delivery
- Work with leadership to build out strategy and roadmaps for IT services and products
- Help drive planning processes, including determining project and feature commitments in partnership with stakeholders
- Manage relationships and expectations with various business stakeholders across CO+I
- 5+ years of Program Management experience.
- 2+ years in a PM Management role, with a demonstrated track record leading a team in planning, designing, and delivering projects.
- Experience in hiring, team building, and developing people in support of their career goals.
- Experience developing roadmaps, as well as near-term project schedules.
- BS or BA in business, computer, security, or related discipline
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required for preparing clear, concise and grammatically correct materials and communicating information effectively to others.
- Ability to use standard SDLC and Agile methodology
- Solid customer focused, relationship focused pattern of work
- Excellent organizational skills including calendar, email, and time management
- Ability to create structure from abstract ideas, take initial concepts to full maturity
- Technically savvy with the ability to solve both technical and non-technical problems
- Delivery focused with the ability to recommend technology solutions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.