|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft Maps & Geospatial team is the center of excellence for understanding and using location and geospatial knowledge for 1st and 3rd party scenarios. In addition to providing map rendering, geocoding, and routing capabilities, we also perform advanced image extraction, entity conflation, language understanding and metric development at big data scale using a broad spectrum of machine learning techniques.
If you are passionate, creative, and want to thrive on the cutting edge of AI and big data, then Microsoft Maps & Geospatial team is where you need to be. We partner with product groups like Bing, Office, Windows, Skype, and LinkedIn among others, and we power the Bing Maps APIs offered to 3rd party developers. It’s an exciting time to be a part of the team, pushing the industry with one of Microsoft’s most unique products.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to-
- Leading a team and executing well in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Partnering with team members and leadership to define and scope projects and incubations, exploring the cutting edge of technology.
- Develop software that incorporates a wide range of technology in IOT, Cloud, Web, Mobile, and AI.
- Collaborate with product teams and research on latest platforms and algorithms.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of relevant industry experience, with 5 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience is required.
- Hands-on programming experience in one of the following: Java, C/C++ or C#.
- Extensive experience with at least one Public Cloud Provider (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with cloud computing concepts such as Big Data, PaaS and IaaS technologies.
- Experience as an engineering manager, or a technical lead with a passion for coaching and mentoring others.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where smart decisions and trade-offs need to be made.
- Excellent organization, prioritization, and communication skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.