Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
What You’ll Do
- Take responsibility for technical design, deployment, monitoring and ongoing support and maintenance of a diverse set of cloud technologies. The role is a technical, hands-on opportunity with a heavy focus on automation, resilient design and deployment of cloud ready systems and services.
- Collaborate with Product teams internal and external to IS to provide world class products and services in support of our application development community and our business as whole. In this, “DevOps” position, you will be responsible for the full-stack engineering and support of products that support our hybrid cloud capabilities.
How You’ll Do It
- Lead the design, build and maintenance of modern cloud platforms that support Agile teams.
- Partner with key stakeholders as a platform champion for cloud-native systems and coach on how to use platform capabilities effectively through appropriate venues.
- Drive continuous improvement of cloud products and capabilities through internal user groups and external market research.
- Collaborate/Communicate efforts and align development efforts with planned Roadmaps
- Provide system support as part of a support rotation with other team members
- Perform root cause analysis, alternate solution evaluation
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field
- 4+ years of experience in application or platform development, consulting or related field
- In lieu of education, 6+ years of experience in application or platform development, consulting or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Ability to visualize and document architecture/design topology
- Understanding of tools such as Git/Chef/Ansible/Terraform/Vault/Shell
- Understanding of CI/CD, infrastructure engineering concepts
- General understanding/expertise with Security
- Past experience of Cassandra, Gemfire will be a plus
- Knowledge of emerging trends, ability to recommend solutions and define future state architecture
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.