|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Financial Reporting Accountant is responsible for assisting with the preparation of TE Connectivity Ltd.’s financial filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). As part of the SEC Reporting team within the Corporate Controller’s Group, the Accountant assists with the planning, coordination, preparation, and filing of timely and accurate financial reports while maintaining appropriate supporting documentation and an effective internal control environment. The Accountant regularly interacts with personnel in various corporate functions, legal entities, and business units as well as the external auditors.
- Assist with the preparation and filing of all external financial reporting with the SEC, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K, and other SEC filings as necessary
- Support the preparation and review of the quarterly earnings releases and related materials
- Prepare financial statement disclosures, ensuring they are supported with clear and well-organized documentation including detailed financial calculations and analyses
- Review financial and other information from the business units, legal entities, and other departments for inclusion in SEC filings
- Assist in researching accounting and reporting matters and analyzing the impact to the financial statements
- Support the review of all external financial reports by the finance team, senior management, and the external auditors, providing supporting documentation as required and promptly addressing any questions or issues
- Assist in maintaining an effective internal control environment
- Other special projects, research, and analyses as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, with 2-3+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience preparing financial statements and related disclosures, researching accounting literature, and analyzing and concluding on accounting and disclosure matters is preferred
- CPA (or CPA candidate) and exposure to SEC reporting, either while employed by a public company or a public accounting firm, is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office application suite
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and SmartView is a plus
- Professional maturity with high standards for integrity and accuracy
- Strong analytical abilities and attention to detail, with a desire and commitment to take full ownership and accountability for his/her area of responsibility
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple, concurrent projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; comfortable interfacing with people from different levels and functions in the organization
- Team player who is able to operate effectively and work collaboratively in a fast paced, changing environment
- Willingness to assume increasing responsibilities; highly self-motivated with a focus on improving existing processes
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.