Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
We are at an exciting place of expanding data-based decision making for our people strategies. However, we have a lot of work to do to modernize our reporting infrastructure. From moving our data warehouse to the Cloud, expanding our Tableau environment, as well as pushing further into Workday Dashboards and Reporting. We need help in organizing all of these transitions, leading a team of experts for each of those areas to align in one technical development roadmap. The organization is also expanding our Enterprise Data Governance strategy and this role will be critical in helping align HR to the overall strategy and set common standards across the organization.
While this position will need to partner with the many experts on the team to organize into one cohesive strategy, this role may also need them to develop reports or dashboards. Technical experience in Workday or Tableau report development will be critical.
- Partners with leadership to ensure an in-depth understanding of requirements and performance levers (KPIs) for each analysis.
- Reviews the results of analyses. Identifies areas for improvement in an analysis or additional data that should be investigated and ensures team members execute them. Identifies the need for consistent monitoring of trends and the needs to incorporate an analysis within a dashboard. Identifies the need for business intelligence in different areas of the business and assigns team members to gather and analyze the data.
- Manages an analytical team including hire/fire, performance reviews, assignment of work, and development decisions. Ensures the team delivers deadline-driven, accurate, and insightful analyses and reports. Creates a culture that engages business partners through a collaborative approach to make fact-based, data-driven decisions.
- Presents findings from analyses and makes recommendations to leadership.
- Establish a technical roadmap of deliverables and working to consolidate reports and dashboards into customer experiences
- Drive technical development standards to ensure that data governance principles are applied, including the self-service & training of reports and dashboards
- Work with others on the team to understand what customers are asking for, incorporate new features in advanced analytics and workforce planning to ensure one streamlined experience for customers
- Institute an agile approach to development incorporating standards, but also protecting development time through prioritization and blocker escalation
- Transition the migration to the Cloud, oversee the integration strategy, as well as other changes to the data architecture, partnering with our partners in Business Technology
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Master's Degree in Economics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science
- 4+ years of experience in data analysis and reporting
- In lieu of Master’s degree, Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science plus 6+ years of experience in data analysis and reporting
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Experience operating in an Agile Development organization monitoring capacity, sprint planning prioritization, and technical roadmap
- Data Warehouse experience, aligning to Workday’s architecture, and instituting data governance principles
- Experience leveraging Workday reports and dashboards
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.