|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a passionate and experienced software development engineer to join our Mac team. The ideal candidate should have solid experience in macOS (or iOS) software development and be enthusiastic about writing macOS client software. The role gives the candidate a great opportunity to learn about interesting problems in security and identity space. It also has a lot of visibility within Okta and has great growth potential.
Okta is the leading provider of identity and access management for enterprises. Every day, Okta enables millions of users to securely and seamlessly access their work resources to be productive. Using the device's information and context are an important part of Okta's strategy to improve security and enhance the experience of the users. We build client software that deeply integrates with platform capabilities and third party security vendors to guarantee secure access. We also use platform capabilities to delight the users who access the resources that they need without requiring to enter their password. Our team is a fast growing and impactful team in Okta. Come join our team and develop products that help our customers everyday.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop applications and services on macOS devices
- Building UI component on macOS client
- Implement unit/functional tests
- Review software design and peer's code
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management and Engineering for prototyping Mac client components
- Create and review technical designs and proposals
- Strong development and debugging skills on macOS (or iOS) is required
- Hands-on experience in writing Swift, Objective-C code, UX development(Appkit/SwiftUI) is required
- Experience working in an Agile software development team leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices is desirable
- Experience with CI/CD environment, bug reporting tools, crash reporting system for Mac (or iOS) applications is desirable
- Experience with Mac internals, Understanding of apple system extensions, keychain, app permission models is desirable
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management protocols and architecture (FIDO, U2F, WebAuth, SSO, SAML, OAuth, Federation, etc.) is desirable
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5+ years of software development experience building software on macOS or iOS platform.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.