|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Capacity Supply Chain and Provisioning (CSCP) is the engine that powers Microsoft's cloud services. The team is responsible for designing, building and operating our unified global datacenters; managing the demand planning and capacity utilization of our unified infrastructure; and responsible for all of the operations needed to run the physical infrastructure including supply chain, hardware, power, security, and workflow teams. We focus on smart growth with an emphasis on automation, data driven engineering, cost‐effectiveness and environmental sustainability. We deliver the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform. Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our portfolio is built and managed by a team of subject matter experts working 24x7x365 to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help foster and develop the product data management team and drive a digital transformation across the Microsoft Cloud deployment pipeline tools and systems.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team and influence the way one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cloud environments is built and supported. As a critical part of the PDM Engineering team within Microsoft’s CSCP Organization, this role will help define the PLM digital thread throughout the Azure deployment pipeline. We are all about improving BOM quality, change control, and optimizing day to day operations. We operate in a high‐tech environment, laying the groundwork for scalable growth while delivering capacity and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
- Perform best-in-class product data management engineering, to deliver and standardize on PLM processes, procedures and automation for the Microsoft Cloud deployment pipeline.
- Work with many Enterprise class server and networking technologies to create designs used to deploy very large scale BareMetal or Cloud hardware offerings.
- Create configuration documentation, BOM, and other PLM resources used to procure, manufacture, and deploy Servers, Racks, and Rows of hardware at scale.
- Provide guidance to and work with System Integrators to build hardware designs in factory as needed.
- Interface with engineering development teams, gather requirements and provide feedback on SKU design feasibility and constraints.
- Communicate effectively across engineering groups and stakeholders to define priorities, schedules and resources needed. Create and maintain dashboards for project status.
- Lead internal and external process improvements, create process documentation and bring different and new perspectives to solving problems.
- Partner with Engineering team members, business groups and data center infrastructure engineering groups, to define goals for new platforms at Microsoft.
- Partner with Sourcing, Supply Chain and Capacity Planning to ensure smooth handoff of server designs considering transition plans.
- Provide cross functional subject matter expertise on SKU design to broader virtual teams.
- Monitor internal requests and establish standard processes to improve efficiencies and provide internal customer support.
- Work independently to balance multiple tasks and competing priorities simultaneously.
- Effectively run cross-organizational meetings to lead teams to consensus and/or decisions to meet deliverables.
- Experience creating complex technical documentation used to configure enterprise hardware devices.
- Experience working with Enterprise class server and networking hardware from multiple vendors in development, operations, or manufacturing (Dell, HPE, Cisco, Netapp, IBM, and others)
- Understanding of network administration or logical network topology planning.
- Understanding of Data center rack/row build out, air flow and other infrastructure constraints
- Experience in managing Enterprise-level large-scale and complex projects/programs.
- Ability to work independently, drive projects, and self-serve solutions.
- Proven working knowledge of leading technology and best practices with configuration management, product data management, BOM, and PLM.
- Experience working with engineering, supply chain, capacity planning, sourcing, and datacenter teams.
- Proven capabilities to drive positive business results through cross-group collaboration and partnerships.
- Must be able to establish milestones, short- and long-term timelines, and drive the work plan, adapting as necessary in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal, concise logical presentation, and written forms.
- Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups spanning all organizational levels.
- Strong critical thinking, attention to detail, and resolution in sometimes ambiguous situations.
- Strong working experience with Excel
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.