|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the Role
Samsara hardware products are plug and play, and core to the product portfolio. The hardware team is responsible for industrial design, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and supply chain. Everyone here has a big impact on bringing products to market. We focus on the key creative/design/problem-solving and bolster our development resources with top JDMs, toolmakers, and suppliers.
In this role, you will:
- Supporting team level objectives as well as individual contributors
- Deriving technical specifications based on product level requirements
- Owning architecture selection, electrical design, and validation
- Supporting Sourcing and Procurement teams to vet supply chain and production partners
- Validating design through functional verification, signal characterization, power modeling/test, and system coexistence testing
- Setting factory test requirements, assisting in software bring up and traveling on-site to the manufacturer to ensure the design is built and tested successfully
- Researching technologies and scope development opportunities
- Communicating cross-functionally to deliver a successful product to market
- Leading large projects from idea to positive execution
- Working closely with FW, ME and Ops leads
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hiring, developing, and leading an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
An ideal candidate has:
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field, and 5+ years of related industry experience
- Leadership experience as a technical people manager for more than a year
- Experience with embedded systems, processor selection, various communication protocols (especially USB, SPI, I2C, CAN and UART), sensor design, low power design, various RF technologies
- Experience with eCAD tools
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification and manufacturing support
- Knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals, including the ability to design and verify circuits
- Experience taking a product from design to full product release
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.