|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Partner Sales Engineer is a senior technical lead that supports the national growth and scale of Okta’s strategic partners that recommend, deploy and manage Okta as a Service. This role is responsible for managing all technical partner activities across specific Okta’s partners and will work closely with the Okta Channel Managers to develop a comprehensive technical business plan for the partnerships, including identifying, incubating, and bringing to market service/solution offerings based on Okta. This individual is responsible for enabling partners on Okta and supporting the growth of certified resources worldwide. Content creation and pushing information to the partners in the field for mass consumption is a key priority. The right candidate will be an Identity and Access Management expert with a consultative approach, comfortable and competent to present and work with senior executives in the areas of strategic planning, solution development, technical business enablement and process management, all while growing revenue for Okta and Services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive incremental revenue through increased Okta revenue through strategic partners
- Build and manage the technical relationships with the partners
- Assist partners with prospects and customers interested in adopting the Okta service
- Promote selling of Okta based on value propositions, competitive differentiators, and advantages
- Provide oversight, guidance, and assistance during the partners sales process to ensure mutual success
- Lead technical discussions with partners on the value Okta can provide to their clients
- Develop and execute enablement plans with joint executive support and budgets
- Plan and participate in quarterly business reviews with Okta and partners executive sponsors
- Support the development of Center of Excellence plans
- Gather, track, and translate partner feedback and help steer the Okta product roadmap
- Develop domain expertise and thought leadership regarding the partners’s current areas of focus as well as in new areas for expansion
- Define and deliver formal and informal technical training sessions for partner resources
- Establish and maintain technical expertise on current and developing Okta products and technology
- Execute business initiatives to produce incremental revenue streams
- Help develop partner collateral material in cooperation with sales and marketing
- Maintain field level relationships with partners to assure effective positioning of Okta solutions
- Create technical content to show partners how to implement specific use cases or best practices for new technologies
- Prepare partner demos and proof of concepts to demonstrate various use cases for Okta’s Platform
- Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
Key Performance Metrics:
- Direct and influenced worldwide revenue growth
- Partner developed and driven GTM Solution Offering they drive into the market / their customer base
- Partner enablement and resource certification growth
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 10+ years of technical sales, preferably with broad experience and responsibility
- Strong Okta product, IAM technologies (SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect, SCIM)
- Comprehensive IAM / IDaaS competitive landscape knowledge
- Experience building and managing solutions and enablement programs, including all program lifecycle aspects: business case creation and approval, high-level architecture definition, resource plans, education/communication plans, etc.
- Stong presentation and communication skills at both an executive and technical level
- Strong knowledge of partner and channel business models
- Candidate must be a self-starter and possess the ability to deliver on commitments and deliverables in a timely manner and work independently
- Program management experience desired
- A passion to serve partners, which has played out in some partner-facing role like consulting or support, ideally sales engineering
- An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard
- Experience with at least one standard network security protocol (eg. OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, LDAP)
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
- A world class communicator
- Confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience
- Typically 50% travel
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.