|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for an exceptionally talented Director of Physical Security, supporting the health and safety of employees and properties. You lead a global team to refine and develop programs relating to the safety and security of our company. Reporting to the Head of Global Workplace Operations, you will work closely with Workplace, Real Estate, Finance, IT, People, Legal and Audit, We work in a fast-paced environment with a focus on developing programs that scale, if you enjoy speed, autonomy and driving change, this role is for you.
- Lead team of physical security professionals
- Proactively lead operational safety measures concerning Okta and their employees
- Work closely with the real estate team to drive the physical & technical due diligence process.
- Develop and manage budgets, timelines, and resourcing plans for major capital projects.
- Partner effectively with key groups such as IT, Real Estate & Facilities, Procurement, Finance, Legal and People. Maintain regular communications with a variety of stakeholders, to ensure that all concerned parties are well informed.
- Drive both cost and operational efficiency through the program as it scales, while also continuously innovating.
- Refine and implement an incident response program aligned with key stakeholders.
- Lead and grow the global security operations center.
- Liaison with local law enforcement for incident responses and best practices
- Refine executive protection guidelines in support of business objectives
- Ensure timely and accurate communications with those affected by incidents
- Develop security construction standards and confirm the accuracy of site drawings and security designs depicting recommended hardware and security controls for all offices globally.
- Manages global security officers, provisions, and oversees any third-party vendors providing staffing in collaboration with regional Workplace leadership.
- Leads protection services supporting executives, special event, or travel-related security needs, utilizing third-party consultants or vendors where/when needed.
- Responsible for iterating on Okta’s incident management protocols and business continuity planning. Primary owner as needed during an incident or event.
- Provide travel guidance, intelligence, and communication to employees affected.
- Design and implement a loss prevention program supporting the protection of physical assets and intellectual property.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to expand security protocols and procedures, including BCP and DR.
- Educate employees on physical security policy and standard methodologies.
- Oversee the budget and expenditures of the program.
- Analyze data, lead management reporting, and develop a strategy for the program.
- Manage cross-functional, global relationships, and projects to ensure policy, process, and systems are aligned to meet the needs of the programs.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in the corp. security function
- International experience: Management of global team and local markets
- Prior law enforcement experience a plus
- Law enforcement relationships required
- Executive protection program management
- Experience with multiple access control systems
- 3rd party vendor management experience
- Must have strong management and leadership skills and experience with overseeing relationships with cross-functional teams
- Excellent technical, interpersonal, and analytical skills required
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required
- Strong computer and systems knowledge.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with contract negotiations
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.