|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate aboutworkingin optimizing large scale cloud infrastructure? Do you love solving deep technical problems with tough business requirements and direct customer impact? Do you want to design andoptimizea highly scalable, and available platform worldwide? If you answered yes, then the Azure Compute Infrastructure Team may have the ideal role for you!
We arelooking for a PrincipalProduct Manager withinthe Compute Infrastructureteamtocontinually improve theefficiency of the platform. The Microsoft Azure Compute team builds the core infrastructure and APIs that power the Microsoft Azure platform. Azure Compute is the core platform for virtually all of Microsoft’s cloud services and underpins most of our Azure customers’ cloud computing deployments as well. This means you’ll be at the center of the action for the massive industry shift to cloud computing (in all its forms and modes). The team owns product engineering and cluster management of 1,000s of physical host servers, 100,000s of virtual machines, REST interfaces to deploy and manage virtual machines, and the developer and IT Pro experiences for Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines.
- Work closely with engineers, architects, and business leaders andmake decisions that help optimize costs for Azure.
- Leverage market and business insights to direct investments to build the core Azure Compute business.
- Identify and drive key initiatives that optimize costs acrossthe compute platform
- 7+ years of software industry experience
- 5+ years of experience as a program or product manager
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field, OR equivalent industry experience; advanced technical degree or MBA is a plus
- Both technically adept and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within the organization, from engineers to executives
- Ability to be strategic, but also drive tactics and execution as needed
- Comfortable with understanding business models that help drive key decisions
- Exceptional collaboration and written and verbal communication skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.