|Job Type:||Full Time|
Office Media Group (OMG) has a simple vision – to empower a billion customers to achieve more with media. The team builds services, applications, and experiences that bring the power of media, including photos, video, and more to every customer of Office.
Within OMG, Microsoft Stream, our rapidly growing AI-powered business video sharing service, is a team of passionate and dedicated engineers who are working to build best-in-class video services for the enterprise. We do this by combining advanced video streaming technologies, like Azure Media Services, with cutting edge machine learning and AI technologies such as Azure Cognitive Services. The team is diverse, humble and self-critical, and we learn from both our successes and our failures. Finally, the culture within Stream is one of equal opportunity and where having fun together and working collaboratively is as important as the code we deliver, that we can achieve much more together than we can as individuals.
So, are you ready for the opportunity to make a billion people more productive with media? If this sounds exciting, we'd love to hear from you today!
- Improve and engage in the efforts of how we build, validate, integrate, and deploy our cloud-based services
- Be part of the migration of a monolith to microservices architecture
- Partner with teams (i.e. Azure Media Services, Microsoft Teams) across the company to build and increase engineering efficiency, security, quality and code delivery
- Have direct impact in the productivity and morale of the entire engineering team, while improving the products used by hundreds of millions of people
- Manage, troubleshoot, and resolve deeply technical issues related to engineering systems and operation workflow
- Focus on metrics and experimentation, and pay close attention to data to ensure that changes are actually solving problems
- Participate in, and support the company culture
This is a highly visible position, where you will improve every step of how we build and deliver products. You will have direct positive impact on our team and customers, while working with partners across the company on shared objectives.
- 3+ years of experience in object-oriented language such as Java or C#
- Experience in improving engineering systems
- Experience in troubleshooting and debugging
- Experience with Git for source control and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery systems such as Jenkins or Azure DevOps
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or similar or equivalent experience
- Committed to quality; including security, compliance and performance
- Excellent problem solving
- Experience with Azure Active Directory, Azure Resource Manager (ARM), Service Bus, Azure SQL, Storage, Azure Cache for Redis, Cosmos DB and Service Fabric is a plus
- Familiarity with distributed systems and REST APIs
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.