|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission. Joining the Microsoft Business Operations team will bring you close to the customer and a leading edge go-to-market team. The team has a dynamic, mission-driven culture, with a high degree of passion to meet the needs of US Government customers with a range of solutions. We offer unique opportunities to work across global projects and teams in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development, and recognizes and rewards great work. We make doing business with Microsoft easy.
Microsoft Business Process Outsource (BPO) Operations is responsible for the contracting, performance management, and continuous improvement execution activities for all outsourced global service providers supporting a wide range of business units within Microsoft Business Operations. Our Mission is to be trusted advisors who anticipate and operationally execute on BPO agreements and opportunities delivering value to both Microsoft and our customers.
The Global Service Delivery Manager is accountable for end-to-end delivery of all in-scope BPO services and processes for US Government, as well as overall vendor performance. The manager has full responsibility for deploying and managing the day-to-day operations at the outsource service provider, accountable for the successful implementation of all initiatives, programs and changes that balance customer satisfaction and cost/benefit impacts. The role is located in Reno, Nevada and works directly with a number of vendor and employee operations located in Reno, northern Virginia, Dublin, Singapore as well as a range of offshore locations in Asia and Europe as part of our global network of operational delivery centers. The ideal candidate is at ease working in a highly matrixed, multinational organization, exhibits outstanding organizational, planning, communication, judgement and negotiation skills, uses data and analytics to drive performance insights and improvements and has strong customer and compliance focus.
- Manage the Vendor’s operational performance - monitor performance against Service Level Agreements and work with the vendor to address any performance issues
- Manage the day-to-day relationship between Microsoft and our outsourced vendors for the US Government line of business
- Liaise with Global Service Delivery and Vendor Account Management teams on relevant planning or vendor contract management topics
- Planning and management of local month- and quarter-end processes to ensure all key business processes are executed excellently as part of the global operational plan
- Ensure outsourced Vendor processes meet global controls and compliance requirements
- Provide guidance, feedback, and leadership to drive the Vendor to achieve continuous improvement on all operational, quality, and satisfaction metrics
- Agree and monitor appropriate corrective action plans and deal with any local escalations
- Change Management - oversee vendor readiness to support new program launches, changes to business rules, processes and tools
- Ensure SOPs are in place and executed consistent with global processes and best practices
- Project manage implementation of new processes to production stage at vendors
- Manage operational budgets to ensure financial targets are met
- Execute quarterly capacity planning processes that will meet forecasted volumes and service level expectations
- Regularly communicate with Senior Leadership team discussing complex and difficult problems to drive to comprehensive solutions
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security background screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements currently include, but may change, and are not limited to:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Microsoft Cloud Screen Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Screen background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter while in this role.
- A minimum of 10+ years of accumulated outsourcing management experience supporting a global delivery business - must have both BPO or ITO contract management and service delivery related experience
- 10+ years experience in both high volume and custom transaction processing operations or program management in business process outsourcing, global service delivery, and/or vendor management
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Business, Supply Chain, Finance, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- United States Government (USG) contractor experience is a plus
- A track record of exceptional partnering across a wide array of internal business groups, executive stakeholders and execution partners with ability to build solid relationships with individuals at all levels
- Experience in an offshore environment supporting a global delivery business: must have both contract management and service delivery related experience
- Strong communication and influencing skills: must be able to manage BPO delivery and expectations
- Strong business knowledge and ability to set clear expectations for business outcomes within a global multi-site operation
- Proven impact and influence skills - ability to work broadly across disparate groups to gain agreement on direction, integrate disparate opinions into cohesive strategy/message and present/defend recommendations
- Exceptional written, verbal and creative communication skills, including ability to translate insight into content, create slide or written presentations, create overall communication plans
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and navigate uncertain situations to drive for clarity; work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-speed environment
- Proven experience of influencing other organizations where their support is critical to success
- Ability to work across groups managing individuals both directly and indirectly to achieve a common goal
- Able to work across cultures effectively, valuing diversity within virtual team. Working knowledge of international business practices
#CSEO #MBO #AOC
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.