|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Okta is seeking a skilled manager in executive communications to work directly with our CEO. In this role, you will report to Okta’s Director of Communications, and partner with our CEO and executives to share Okta’s story and vision with the world. This is an intersectional role: part executive communications, part content marketing. You will own the content strategy for our CEO’s social media channels (Twitter and LinkedIn) and work with the broader content and communications team to develop bylines, blog posts, keynotes, and thought leadership content. You’ll also partner with the broader executive bench, global content and communications team, and our various agencies, becoming a distinguished member of the team and a leader across the company.
Okta’s content and communications team’s vision is that everyone knows, shares and advocates for the Okta story. We work around the world to shape internal and external conversations about Okta, identity, security, and technology innovation. We engage with press, analysts, the public, customers and employees, and are considered the company spokespeople. You will play a key role in growing this team and evolving our story.
The ideal candidate has:
- 7+ years of relevant communications experience; ideally owning a CEO’s thought leadership profile and social channels.
- Experience writing for and working directly with CEOs, C-level executives, and SVPs; ability to engage with and influence senior executives and leadership teams.
- An understanding of Okta’s business and experience working with cloud companies.
- Social media experience and an analytical approach, with the ability to quickly identify trending topics and issues with a defined point of view.
- A strong, clear writing style and voice, with excellent writing and editing skills.
- A detail-oriented approach, with the ability to manage multiple, high-profile projects and deliverables.
- BS/BA degree.
- Spearhead the strategy, development and execution of our CEO content.
- Lead our executive social media strategy: crafting and honing our CEO’s voice, and regularly reporting on our progress to grow his following.
- Collaborate with the global content and communications team and our agency partners around the world to build and expand on Okta’s executive communications
- Manage ongoing executive communications opportunities including media briefings and speaking engagements.
- Develop bylines, press commentary and keynotes in partnership with the CEO and the broader executive bench.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.