Last updated 1 hours ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Do you love making tools for other software engineering teams? Get on board as an Engineering Manager for Bitbucket Cloud.
As an engineering manager in the Bitbucket Cloud, you will lead a team of engineers that will build solutions and experiences for the more than 10 million developers in Bitbucket Cloud, as well as evangelizing our platform and development practices to other teams. You'll be part of an established team focused on improving how developers collaborate on Bitbucket. You will work closely with our product management and design team to deliver rapidly and incrementally, experiment to explore new ideas, and focus on continuous improvement in every aspect of what we do. Your greatest responsibility will be looking after the individuals reporting to you – mentoring and supporting them in their professional development, unlocking their potential, and challenging them to step outside their comfort zone to grow and excel.
The best person for this role is someone that has strong team leadership skills and a collaborative spirit - in our world, it’s not about being a hero and having all the answers, it’s about sometimes saying "I don't know" and working on finding solutions rather than starting with an assumption. The team needs someone who can ask questions, learn from others and turn chaos into order.
On their first day, we'll expect the candidates to have:
- 3+ years in engineering management following Agile development processes and leading a high performing development team
- Demonstrated experience building large scale web software and familiarity with mobile technologies.
- Working well within a multi-functional team, and a willingness to mentor developers via design reviews, code reviews, etc and can also collaborate effectively on ideas and designs with some of the best architects and developers in Atlassian
- Ability to communicate strategy, plans, and status at all levels of the Bitbucket Cloud organization
- A bias towards action
- Ability to drive technical excellence, pushing innovation and quality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with DevOps practices and hands on with operational excellence
- Experience managing modern Continuous Integration and Continuous Integration workflows
- Comfortable with operating in an environment of experimentation and continuous learning
- U.S. Bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or a closely related field of study
It's great if you have experience with:
- Building modern Microservices
- Large scale single-page web applications
- Python and the Django web framework
- Git or another DVCS tool
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.