|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about using technology to solve some of the toughest problems facing the largest companies and government agencies around the world? Do you value the deployment of solutions into production with real world impact? Are you obsessive about the quality and consistency of the work you do in leading teams to deliver value and meeting the mission of our customers?
If so, the Project Manager position in the Microsoft Services Organization is for you!
Part leader, part mentor, and part consultant, our team of Project Managers comprises an unusual mix of project management and consulting skills, along with a passion for technology. We are responsible for keeping the project team working on the highest priority tasks, removing risks and impediments, and leading the communication with the end customer. As a trusted advisor to our customers, you will be responsible for the successful execution of one or more projects at a time, providing guidance, coaching, and project leadership. By mentoring and influencing, you will drive the highest quality and the strongest sense of customer focus on each project.
The Services Delivery Project Manager (PjM) is responsible for engagement execution within a formal Statement of Work (SOW) to drive predictable behaviors in terms of project process and outcomes (accomplished on time, on budget, and according to customer specifications). The Services Project Manager supports the account strategy in the areas of ensuring delivery engagement quality and achieving high customer satisfaction. The PjM:
- Delivers engagements within the constraints of schedule, features/functionality, and budget.
- Manages the work that must be done to deliver an integrated solution usually composed of products, services, or a formalized solution offering
- Establishes a strategy of continuous risk management that enables proactive decisions and actions throughout the project life cycle and create an environment to support it where the project team has visible, measurable, and repeatable processes for managing these risks
- Executes established (as mutually agreed to) policies and procedures for the project, e.g. quality assurance, team reference guide, communication plan, and setting up the environment.
- Manages (as mutually agreed) Microsoft resources, partners and/or customer resources and materials (equipment, supplies, stock, or consumable/perishable items) used to complete tasks in a project.
- Maintains the Master Project Plan, the Communication Plan (communications within the team and between the team and external entities), and the Master Project Schedule.
- Monitors project health relative to resources (people and optionally funding/cost), schedule (time), and features (the solution and its quality) as specified by the established project protocol.
- Reconciles actual versus planned performance, analyzes variances, evaluates possible alternatives and takes appropriate corrective actions (control) as specified by the established project protocol.
- Collects, reviews and publishes project status reports for resources (people and optionally funding/cost), schedule (time), stakeholder management, and features (the solution and its quality) that influence project performance and completion.
- Follows the principles of the Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF), the Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF) and the current Services methodology (MSDM) in project delivery
- 5+ years of project management experience including financial management, planning, scheduling, reporting, resource management, communications, risk management, dependencies, scope, time, quality and budget.
- Passion for technology: experience in either Microsoft infrastructure, Microsoft cloud, Microsoft Security, Office365, or Microsoft Productivity solution implementations is a plus.
- Ability to think strategically, work effectively in ambiguous situations and respond favorably to change, execute effectively, work under deadline pressure and manage multiple projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with a strong history of building effective interpersonal relationships.
- Refined presentation skills and ability to communicate with a variety of different audiences including C-suite team members.
- PMP Certification (preferred) or equivalent (approximately three years of project management experience, plus a college degree)
- Ability to work with diverse cultures and customers
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with Polygraph. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate U.S. Government clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.