|Job Type:||Full Time|
Engineering Program Manager 2
*By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions within our organization for an invitation only interview at our Redmond campus*
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
Core Service Engineering (CSE) has multiple Engineering Program Manager roles within Digital Security and Risk Engineering (DSRE). This team consists of engineering and business professionals, working on critical security initiatives, committed to delivering quality services and programs to the rest of Microsoft (End Users).
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
- Drive consistency and clarity across all projects in the org by utilizing common PM tools and methodologies.
- Be the voice of the customer and the bridge between business outcomes and technical requirements.
- Collaborate with dependent groups, drive clarity and mutual understanding of commitments to deliverables and dates.
- Drive Agile sprints cadence, tracking of dependencies, risks, issues, and ensuring the right level of communications are provided in a timely manner
- Create clarity about challenges, issues, risks and status to partners and executive management and provide recommendations for resolution.
- Influence without authority with teams and stakeholders from other organizations to ensure mutual success and project outcomes.
- Deliver, document, and circulate end-to-end plans, including activity, dependencies, timing, and ownership. Follow up with specific owners to deliver components of the project on-time.
- 2+ years of experience in IT, Security or Product Team as a Program Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Expertise in Security Domain.
- Deep understanding across PM Methodologies (PMI, Agile, PMBOK, SDL, etc.)
- Proven ability to drive large scale projects with high collaboration and leadership
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Excellent judgment, decision making skills, and the ability to work under continual deadline pressure
- Excellent presentation skills and experience of presenting to senior management
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.