|Location:||Elkridge, Maryland, Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure Compute Organization is responsible for creating the foundation of Microsoft’s Cloud Platform for utility computing. This platform is one of the lowest levels of the services software/hardware stack and includes an efficient, virtualized computational substrate, a fully automated service management system, and a comprehensive set of highly scalable storage services.
The Azure Compute Infrastructure Service team is looking for motivated engineers with a strong track record who are in search of an exciting environment working with innovative and revolutionary technology and interested to work on the boundary of software and hardware.
Azure is a rapidly growing and evolving cloud platform; teams collaborate to manage the capacity lifecycle from demand signals to hardware decommission. Our vision is to create a Capacity Infrastructure Services (CIS) platform to automate hardware and devices provisioning/de-provisioning functions, datacenter operations, business processes, all through microservices, and deliver data analytics e2e. This will enable Microsoft services to manage capacity in a consistent, efficient, and secure way.
The team is looking for developers interested in developing technology to secure, validate and manage the Azure platform and want the chance to contribute to the fastest growing cloud platform on the market.
- Delivery of a reliable, scalable, secure Capacity Infrastructure Platform solution, contributing technical expertise throughout development stages.
- Delivery of a fully functional interactive capacity lifecycle data analytics experiences.
- Continuously drive improvement across teams based on the capacity lifecycle data.
These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
- Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
- 2+ years of experience developing software in C#, .NET and/or C++
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills
- A BA or MS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.