|Job Type:||Full Time|
Engineering Program Manager 2
*By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions within our organization for an invitation only interview at our Redmond campus*
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
Core Service Engineering (CSE) has multiple Engineering Program Manager roles within Digital Security and Risk Engineering (DSRE). This team consists of engineering and business professionals, working on critical security initiatives, committed to delivering quality services and programs to the rest of Microsoft (End Users).
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
- Project scope definition and planning through delivery of assigned product and related product releases.
- Ensure the oversight and coordination of dependencies across the project and resolve or escalate conflicts.
- Provide customer input represented in both technical and business terms with descriptive requirements to ensure the value of the project is realized
- Delivery, documentation, and circulation of an end to end plan, including activity, dependencies, timing, and ownership. Follow up with specific owners to deliver components of the project on-time.
- Driving a unified message to all affected internal stakeholders and deliver CSE feedback back to the product teams
- Provide actionable detail on future CSE requirements to the product team for inclusion in future products (N+2).
- Present program status and issues to Microsoft Executive Management across CSE and the Microsoft Product Team(s) on a regular and consistent basis in regular status reporting and status meetings.
- Conduct regular meetings with the senior executive bodies to inform and alert them of any issues arising from the performance of the individual projects within the portfolio to assure the on-plan usage and consumption of resources and funding, and to highlight any variances.
- Lead reviews of any significant initiatives, projects or programs that are challenged and provide recommendations as to whether it should continue, be significantly changed, placed on hold or discontinued.
- Collaborate with senior executives, business and CSE to identify opportunities for applying technology developments to the challenges as work progresses.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Business, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience in IT, Security or Product Team as a Program Manager.
- Experience architecting on one or more Cloud Platforms is a plus.
- Experience in a Security Domain.
- Deep understanding across PM Methodologies (PMI, Agile, PMBOK, SDL, etc.)
- Proven ability to drive large scale projects with high collaboration and leadership.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Excellent judgment, decision making skills, and the ability to work under continual deadline pressure.
- Excellent presentation skills and experience of presenting to senior management.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.