|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about cloud computing, large scale distributed systems engineering problems, and working on bleeding edge technology at exabyte scale? Are you interested in both software and hardware, optimizing large scale systems to improve efficiency and reliability? Do you have a passion for building teams and investing in people? Are you structured and data driven in developing strategies and making complex decisions?
The Azure Storage, Media, and Edge team is looking for a Principal PM Manager to lead a growing team that will work closely with other PM’s, Software Engineers, Finance, Capacity Planning, and Business Planning to enable hyperscale growth with efficiency. You will define strategy for reducing our cost profile while ensuring continuity of supply, across a large range of storage services. You will need a broad and deep understanding of our technical architecture and business strategy, with a passion for driving operational excellence. While managing and optimizing a fleet of exabytes of flash and hard drives, performing trillions of operations per day, this role will have direct influence on Azure customer satisfaction, Microsoft’s bottom line, and the cost profile of most services that Microsoft provides. You will need to hire and invest in the people on your team and help them grow to meet our growing business challenges, as well as reinforce our core Microsoft values of respect, accountability, and integrity.
This team is expected to be a high-functioning center of excellence for these areas (efficiency, capacity reliability, business strategy) within the broader organization. You will be responsible for tackling hard problems to drive our capacity reliability needs and collaborating on cost efficiency work across our Azure Storage fleet, which includes Archive, Object Storage, Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Files, and Azure Disks.
You will need to be able to understand, evaluate, balance, and represent many different points of view as you work across teams. You will bring structured analysis, along with a drive for results. You need to have a passion for data and the principles behind decisions, to rapidly make decisions that have impact for years to come.
- Managing a growing team of program managers, being invested in the team members growth and success.
- Responsible for our core financial and capacity fulfillment KPI’s
- Creating and driving multi-year roadmaps for our cost profile
- Drive to create and improve a world-class system for ensuring we have the right capacity available in the right places at the right time.
- Constantly anticipating the customer needs we will have three years from now and ensuring we are building to be ready.
- Partner strongly with senior leaders across a wide array of disciplines and teams
- 7+ years of professional experience in technical product management
- 5+ years of management experience
- 5+ years experience in cloud-based businesses
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related disciplines
- Strong experience in at least two of the following with some experience (possibly informal) in a third: Engineering, Finance, Data Science (including machine learning), or Capacity Planning
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.