|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
Samsara is looking for a Head of Total Rewards, HR Operations, and People Analytics to lead our global HR Infrastructure team. The role will report to our VP of People, and collaborate with our Executive team and the Compensation Committee when formed. We are looking for a hands-on leader to design and execute on our Total Rewards roadmap, oversee our HR Operations team, and help to build our Analytics capabilities. You will also partner with the greater People Team to attract, develop, and retain top talent.
This is a full-time position at our San Francisco office located in Potrero Hill (when our office re-opens). It includes equity, 401(k) match, commuter benefits, as well as medical, dental, and vision benefits.
Lead our Total Rewards, HR Operations, and People Analytics Team
- Build, lead, and develop a great global HR Infrastructure team to support the business at scale.
- Demonstrates an inclusive leadership style with an emphasis on results and developing high performing team members.
Total Rewards Design:
- Design and continuously optimize compensation and benefit initiatives that are aligned to Samsara’s cultural principles, and provide flexibility and local customization to account for cultural and market differences.
- Benchmark activities across all areas of rewards to elevate our understanding of our compensation competitiveness globally, and evolve it over time to meet the changing landscape of Total Rewards, including executive compensation.
Total Rewards Program Execution:
- Support all global compensation processes and programs (base and variable pay, merit, promotions, equity, etc.), currently in WorkDay Advanced Compensation module
- Forecast and propose a long-term compensation and equity strategy roadmap that is competitive in the marketplace while keeping in mind our equity pool
- Lead our global international compensation and benefits programs for the organization, while streamlining plans where applicable and ensuring compliance with local employment regulations
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Practices:
- Drive a strategy and plan to ensure pay equity across all demographics
- Build out dashboards to provide visibility on pay parity and progression metrics to support our efforts for a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce.
- Set vision and strategy for People Analytics discipline including research and analyses on a broad spectrum of people issues: diversity, retention, compensation, leadership development, learning and development and other key areas.
- Drive people data literacy in all levels of leadership
Scale Our Culture:
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long-Term, Challenge Yourself) as we scale globally and across new offices
- 10+ years experience in People Operations; preferably in companies that have seen growth from 1000-5000 employees with global experience.
- Experience developing innovative global compensation, wellness and benefit plans, and working with the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors of a publicly traded company to gain agreement. In addition, he/she must be fully knowledgeable in the areas of compliance, transparency and the latest Sarbanes-Oxley legislation.
- Demonstrates an inclusive leadership style with an emphasis on results and developing high performing team members
- Ability to build credibility at all levels of the organization and across departments
- Data-driven with a strong ability to analyze data, turning data into insights, and action plans aligned with company goals
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and judgment; ability to make sound decisions independently; solutions-oriented
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design and communicate clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving
- Impeccable discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
- Strong bias for action and not afraid to “roll up your sleeves”
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.