|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
The mission of our team is to make fundamental contributions to advancing the state-of-the-art in object detection, tracking, semantic segmentation, and land-use classification in aerial imaging using deep learning techniques. We conduct research by using public benchmarks as well as proprietary datasets, and apply our findings on real customer’s data to deliver high-value solutions. We are an extremely agile team and we move very fast from ideas to experimentation, and to product development. If you are passionate about exploring new ideas and product impact at the same time, this job is for you.
- You will work on the delivery of high-quality code components that will power the services, servers, distributed systems, and backend architecture for our products.
- You will partner with industry-leading Engineers, Artists, Producers and Designers
- You will incorporate the latest AI, Machine Learning and Computer vision capabilities into the design of our products and services
- 4+ years’ experience in Software Engineering
- Strong C++/C# coding background, debugging ability across technology stacks
- Experience working with the latest cloud and distributed services technologies (Containers, …, etc)
- Experience shipping highly scalable services, web applications, networked applications or distributed systems
- Strong cross-discipline collaboration skills
- Great communication, written and verbal
- Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship/Green card to meet federal government security requirements.
- Candidates must have an active Top Secret clearance. Willingness to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or having an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) is preferred.
There are plenty of other skills that aren’t required, but you’ll find useful in this role. Let us know if you have experience with:
- Experience shipping computer visions or machine learning based runtimes
- Python programming skills
- Optimizing for GPU
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.