|Location:||Elkridge, Maryland, Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Do you have a passion for high scale services and working with some of Microsoft’s most critical customers? We’re looking for a Software Engineering Manager with the right mix of leadership, on-line services experience and focus on software development to drive improvement and customer satisfaction for our Office 365 Enterprise Cloud service offerings.
Office 365 is at the center of Microsoft’s cloud first, devices first strategy as it brings together cloud versions of our most trusted communication and collaboration products like Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype with our cross-platform desktop suites and mobile apps. The Office 365 Enterprise Cloud team works with Microsoft’s largest enterprise and government customers to deliver features that meet their specific needs and unblock cloud adoption. As you would expect, our customers have the highest expectations for feature quality, security, reliability, availability, and performance.
Our team has a proven success record of bringing in millions of seats to Office 365 and is focused on the next wave of innovation to accelerate growth. The opportunities and challenges are diverse and complex, cutting across customer architecture and implementation, service configuration and management, identity, compliance, security, access, infrastructure reliability and much more.
We are looking for a highly driven Engineering Manager to lead a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team focused on critical public-sector service environments. In this role, you will be responsible for building out an SRE team charged with delivering the Exchange Online service and driving quality, reliability, availability, and performance across the full management, application, and network stack.
- Provide deep technical leadership to a team of highly passionate and skilled engineers
- Recruit, on-board, and grow a team of Software Engineers focused on Site Reliability
- Build, run and improve critical public-sector service environments
- Coordinate planning and execution with internal engineering teams, business partners and technical leaders across the division
- Own deployment, availability, reliability, performance and customer escalation targets for these environments
- Proactive identification and reduction of issues through design, testing, and implementation of software
- Uphold high organizational standard of great employee and team satisfaction
- 5+ years of Software, Site Reliability, Systems, or Service Engineering management experience on large scale cloud services
- Experience designing, building, servicing, and driving ongoing improvement of service infrastructure & systems
- Proven track record of improving reliability, availability and performance of cloud services
- 5+ years of experience designing, building, and releasing software products and online services
- 3+ years of technical management experience
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in computer science or related studies
- Excellence in written and verbal communication and ability to partner for success across all levels of organization and technical depths
- Current software development expertise in multiple programming languages (C#, C++, Python, Java, et al)
- Technical understanding of Office 365 and Exchange architecture
- Previous work experience requiring government screening and clearance
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.