|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Worldwide Learning (WWL) organization is rethinking the entire concept of learning and development at Microsoft. Our objective is to build world class capability by fostering a learning culture, empowering learners, and ultimately fueling growth and innovation through the learning programs. Our principles are to be learner obsessed, simple & focused, data driven, innovative, and business aligned.
Our ESI team within WWL drives Azure Technical Skilling and prepares IT professionals for certification. A key aspect of running the business effectively and continuously improving our training delivery and customer experience, is to define/refine key metrics that align with business goals and priorities, and to capture and analyze data/BI insights to drive business decisions.
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst who will own the following core responsibilities:
- Define the business requirements for BI and reporting for Microsoft’s ESI, factoring in the data and insight needs of our ESI LT, Trainers, executive leadership, business group stakeholders, and our customers and partners.
- Partner closely with product, program and engineering teams within and external to WWL to design a BI dashboard to infuse insights and requirements into our ESI processes and decisions, and to drive appropriate investments.
- Develop business requirements and user scenarios to build/source related tools and capabilities and work with engineering, marketing, Learning Partners, and certifications to drive prioritization and implementation.
- Drive all data analysis and reporting needs for the organization, including for monthly business reviews, and establish a regular rhythm for reporting and communicating insights and impact to key stakeholders.
- Collaborate across the company to ensure consistent optics into skilling impact and insights, and systems and tools integration by working with various stakeholder teams
- The successful candidate will demonstrate passion and skills aligned with business insights and data analysis, and exceptional program management skills.
- Business Intelligence professional with experience in computer science or related field
- Working experience with PowerBI and advanced Excel (VBA) skills
- The candidate should be able to work under compressed deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment that demands flexibility, high quality, and creativity.
- Effective cross-team collaboration is essential to align multiple stakeholder teams to a common vision. More specifically, the candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Strong track record of building strategy and developing sound project plans to deliver on business objectives
- Effective analytical skills to synthesize complex data sets into easy to consume and actionable business insights
- Demonstrated expertise in cross team collaboration across multiple stakeholder groups to deliver aligned business objectives, timelines and optics
- Proven ability to manage programs end to end to deliver outcomes on time and on budget
- Attention to detail and the ability to drive clarity in ambiguous situations
- Strong oral and written communication skills and executive presence
Additional requirements for this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree or have equivalent work experience in business, finance, engineering or related fields; MBA preferred
- 3+ years experience and a proven track record as a business analyst, data analyst, management consultant, business planner (or similar roles)
- 5+ years’ professional experience in the high-tech industry or learning industry
- Previous experience navigating large matrixed organizations a strong plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.