|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, New York, New York|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes and build the intelligent cloud. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. As part of our transformation, one of our key areas of focus is the modernization of our sales motions. The Insides Sales organization is an organization with a charter to accelerate Microsoft’s growth in its cloud-first, mobile-first businesses along with the traditional businesses. This organization is at the forefront of establishing a new sales model leveraging modern technology and big data and analytics to drive impactful demand response and targeted sales coverage. As the Field Specialist Manager for the Azure Data Platform, you will be leading a team of Specialists to provide and sell the best-in-class cloud service and platforms to our Commercial customers, building the momentum for digital transformation for our customers and partners as well as Microsoft itself. TheSpecialist Manager is a great sales coach and leader, has a challenger mentality, is savvy in sales-leadership practice and contributes with vision and flawless execution of solution sales across solution areas.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
The Specialist Manager is a proven sales leader, purposeful planner, people leader, sales challenger, market maker and a social seller:
- Disciplined in business-management, from lead development, pipeline management, deal execution & forecasting in a consumption-based business
- Adaptable to a culture of accountability with a matrixed environment; Meets sales targets and operational standards while working across specialist, account, digital teams & partners
- Ability to lead teams through transformational change, including enterprise selling capabilities and business outcome selling
- Build a sales plan to capitalize on transformational shiftto move data estate to the cloud and take share from key competitors
- Ensure appropriate 4 quarter qualified pipeline in place by workload/solution area: Solutionsellers directly leading 50%+ of the cloud and SQL opportunities, with 80%+ partner attach rate to qualified oppty
- Develop and maintain 200-300% gap-to-goal pipeline of success engagement on a rolling 12month period
- Lead teams to develop account acquisition and consumption plans aligned to custom business & technical priorities
- Develops a high-performing team by hiring diverse talent, prioritizing development, leading by example and preparing people for more senior positions in other parts of the organization.
- Successful teams and team members are recognized and rewarded, both within the Solution Sellers and at the subsidiary, regional or Corporate levels
- Coaches with a “challenger mentality” by prompting Seller’s to engage early and lead with new insights on how to grow the customers’ business.
- Lead teams in growing business acumen through Industry fluency & Outcomes based selling, then applying this to their prospecting and Azure account plans
- Lead teams in developing their technical competencies and fluency in data concepts such as data estate modernization, analytics, big data, application modernization & artificial intelligence including machine learning and cognitive services
- Transforms markets with solutions that change the game by co-selling with partners that make deals bigger and faster, and change the risk profile.
- Lead from the front, personally engaging at CxO level to support and coach teams on opportunity discovery and acceleration
- Lead Solution sellers to drive end-to-end business solutions (drive solution area thinking and behaviors), increasing customer and partner satisfaction and average deal sizes YoY.
- Builds a strong and active business network that stretches and influences beyond themselves, including but not limited to LinkedIn
- Business transformation: Lead STU sellers and technical-sellers to drive cloud businesses growth at or above targets, and lead cross-team to ensure consumption of cloud services sold
- Partner Engagement: Bring together Microsoft solutions with Partner solutions, fully leverage the synergy effect with our partners, and co-sell with them to make deals bigger and faster.
- 5+ years of related senior sales experience in the data, analytics & developer workloads
- Complex sales training (e.g., Miller Hyman, SPIN, Michael Bosworth, Challenger, Holden, Krauthammer, etc.)
- 5+ years of related experience: Senior sales leadership roles, managing high performance sales and technical-sales teams, coaching solution sales and account development strategies
- Experience driving organizational transformations while delivering on short-term results;
- Strategic planner with track record driving results faster than competition in new markets/solution areas (preferred: cloud services growth and consumption)
- Solid interpersonal skills, coaching skills, cross-group collaboration and proven ability to influence across organizational boundaries
- Talent attractor: Proven history attracting and developing new sales representatives & sales leaders
- Meaningful non-Microsoft prior sales leader experience at IT Consulting and services or cloud services company.
- Success-driven, works well in a diverse team and enjoy a dynamic and changing environment
Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent work experience required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.