|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting products at Microsoft? Then look no further than Microsoft Teams. You will be building solutions that leverage state of the art technologies to deliver the next evolution in collaboration and teamwork.
The Performance Team is responsible for ensuring that our users have a fast and fluid experience with the Teams app - from the moment they launch the app to every click, scroll and action they perform. As a member of this team you will collaborate with developers from across the organization and influence the design/implementation of pretty much every feature that ships. This team offers a unique 360o view of Teams Engineering and the opportunity to influence all of it – you will be at the center of the action! This role also offers the opportunity to develop a deep understanding of how browsers work.
A successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- You will have the opportunity to go to the depths of open source technologies such as Electron, Chromium, GraphQL, and React; and participate in the open source community.
- Key attributes are the ability to research and solve problems, develop quick prototypes, communicate across the organization, and drive action with data.
- Able to assimilate diverse opinions (from devs, PMs, designers, leadership) and negotiate solutions that work for the customer as well as the organization.
- Provide technical leadership to the more junior members of your team and across the organization.
- Influence and promote a performance mindset across the entire Teams product and organization.
- Comfortable with start-up style work environment: versatile, detail oriented, collaborative, can-do attitude with strong commitment.
- Contribute to the planning, execution, and delivery of your commitments.
- 4+ years of experience developing and shipping software products
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Have a good understanding of all aspects of the software development process with experience shipping professional grade software.
- Be an effective communicator with the ability to collaborate with multiple teams across geographies.
- Have a passion for customers and product quality.
- Prior experience in performance/memory is a plus.
- Experience with React or similar modern UI libraries is desired.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.