|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
Samsara’s platform integrates with a variety of industry software products to enable the seamless flow of data between Samsara & other systems. Customers rely on these integrations to execute complex logistical workflows, ensure that vehicles & equipment are operating at peak performance, uphold safety standards, and more.
As our Product Partnerships Manager, you’ll take complete ownership of our Samsara Apps Marketplace, which currently houses 35+ product integrations. You’ll be responsible for growing this ecosystem into an industry-leading capability for current and future customers. To be successful in this endeavor, you’ll need a versatile skill-set. We’re looking for someone who can build & lead relationships with integration partners, manage partner contracts and commercial negotiations, handle technical conversations with partners & product teams, collaborate with our Marketing team to bring new partnerships to market, and much more.
The Product Partnerships Manager will work on:
- Continuing to grow our Apps Marketplace into a best-in-class ecosystem with a large number & variety of “out-of-the-box” integrations
- Developing a vision and strategy to cultivate Samsara’s Marketplace
- Lead strategy execution through business development efforts to onboard new partners and prioritizing partner integrations based on benefits to our customers & business
- Project-managing the development of complex integrations across internal and external stakeholders, in order to deliver timely results
- Working with both internal & external development teams to build out key integrations & create tools that make it easier to build and deliver future integrations
- Developing playbooks & frameworks that enable our Sales / Solutions Engineering teams to address customer needs related to integrations (using the integrations in our marketplace, leveraging partners for custom development work, etc.)
- Partnering with sales to help close strategically-important accounts with integrations-related blockers
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate has:
- Strong business development, communication, and influencing skills, to build organization conviction around Marketplace strategy
- A knack for organizing & managing complex cross-functional projects
- Ability to drive partners to deliver on aggressive timelines
- Bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering business results. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- A strong product sense & deep curiosity regarding our customers’ operations & the industries we serve; Prior experience working in product management is a plus
- A degree in a technical area (engineering, math/science, etc.) or prior experience working on technical projects & collaborating with engineering teams — many of your projects will be technically complex and you will need to be able to drive them with relative autonomy
- Familiarity with B2B sales is a plus
- Prior experience at a top-tier consulting firm and/or an MBA is a plus
- Experience managing partners at a top technology company is a plus
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
With the spread of COVID-19 globally, Samsara's offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of phase 1 employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and new hire onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. We have allowed employees to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through the end of 2020.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com