Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Discover Financial Services is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in 190 countries and territories.
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
This executive will have oversite of the Business Technology Corporate Services organization, providing vision, direction, and leadership for teams supporting Discover’s Finance, HR, Legal, and Risk organizations. Product Oriented and Servant Leader at the core, this role is responsible for ensuring consistent and appropriate delivery of products and services to support the needs of our internal Corporate Services functions.
The Vice President of Corporate Services will build and maintain a highly effective Product Leadership team, and must effectively collaborate and negotiate with other Vice Presidents in Business Technology as well as business partners in Corporate Services.
- Accountable for delivering the General Ledger upgrade to Oracle cloud
- Create maximum value and high quality delivery of Corporate Systems products in addition to consistent delivery
- Frequently interface with stakeholders to understand near and long term needs and identify opportunities for initiatives to drive value and efficiency.
- Ensure consistency of product management and agile methodology, sharing common practices and challenges across all Product Teams.
- Establish and track to appropriate OKRs to measure delivery performance and quality
- Responsible for managing the Corporate Systems product budget/financials.
- Partner with Chapter Area Leadership to ensure Engineering Chapters have the appropriate skills and capabilities available to deliver high quality products to our consumers
- Comfortable with technologies and architectures of multiple Corporate Systems Products, able to anticipate future trends and capability needs, as well as being able to effectively challenge other BT leaders and business partners as needed
- Ensure consistent feedback mechanisms are in place to measure consumer satisfaction and to capture potential new requirements/enhancement opportunities.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring to Product Directors and their teams and foster a culture of innovation to help teams stay in-line with industry trends and internal demands
- Bachelor’s degree or 12+ years of relevant experience. Higher education preferred.
- 10+ years of experience leading application development, computer systems, software development, programming, or platform development strategies
- 5+ years of experience leading ERP and COTs product teams
- Ability to build and lead high performing teams
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.