|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Team Xbox, our mission is to empower gamers around the world to play, communicate, create, and watch together. We believe in a future where you can play the games you want, with the people you want, wherever you want. Project Scarlett, the next generation Xbox console, is our flagship experience. Along with Game Pass and Project xCloud, Project Scarlett will transform the next generation of gaming by putting gamers at the center of all things we do.
The Gaming Experiences and Platforms Data Intelligence team is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to grow data capabilities enabling the next generation of Gaming experiences across devices. You will be responsible for understanding customer needs, pain points, and influences to optimize product experiences. The ideal candidate has hands on experience understanding customer journeys and using advanced analytics and experimentation to drive user and membership growth and retention. We are looking for a technical leader who enjoys mentoring and advancing analytic capabilities.
- Guide team in defining and operationalizing growth and user models to reduce friction and drive the best possible experience for users
- Dive deep into petabytes of data using advanced data mining and machine learning techniques to find key insights to optimize adoption, engagement, and retention
- Lead product experiments to test hypotheses improving gaming experiences and engagement
- Provide actionable insights for product teams to drive the creation and iteration of product roadmaps, feature experiments, and business measures
- Mentor new data scientists, analysts, and engineers to develop innovative models and customer insights used by the Xbox console family of products and services
- Design, develop, and evaluate production-quality models using the latest in machine learning and natural language processing techniques
- Investigate new technologies, tools, and prototype the latest techniques and tools to evolve data capabilities of the organization
- Collaborate with a community of data scientists, engineers, and applied scientists across Gaming and Microsoft to create new innovative experiences in next generation games, platforms, and cloud services
- Commit to an inclusive workplace that focuses on respect, integrity, and personal accountability
- 7+ years of engineering or data science experience with consumer facing products
- 4+ years of experience using advanced analytics and experimentation focused on membership growth and retention
- Ability to use machine learning algorithms for classification, regression, forecasting, reinforcement learning, and anomaly detection for a user facing product
- Experience advocating for user privacy and data protection best practices to build responsible and inclusive models
- Ability to mentor, teach and help grow the capabilities of your colleagues
- Experience working with large distributed data sets to derive actionable insight
- Experience with product experimentation
- Proven ability to explain insights in an understandable way to non-experts in formal and informal group conversations
- A MS or PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, Economics or BS combined with meaningful hands on industry experience in driving growth and engagement using advanced data techniques
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.