|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you live to make Microsoft engineers more productive? Can you make progress on complex problems with many competing priorities? Do you know what it takes to manage at scale source control systems? Do you like to see your impact on your customers when you walk down the hall?
We are the Microsoft 365 (M365) Service Delivery Platform team, delivering the technology that runs M365 suite of services with the highest reliability, best security and compliance, the lowest cost and light speed delivery for our engineers and customers. Microsoft engineers building on M365 want modern and agile build and validation systems enabling them to deliver high quality updates to our immense customer base with ease. You will be responsible for delivering a large-scale delivery pipeline honoring security, privacy and compliance while ensuring rapid validation of quality, delivering on our vision of a build and validation pipeline limited only by a developer’s imagination.
We are looking for a PM who:
- Has a deep empathy for engineers and is obsessed about the engineering experience and their productivity
- Drives hard for engineering agility enabling engineers to release and measure their changes rapidly with high quality;
- Has worked in multiple cross group situations and can drive prioritized requirements to teams across Microsoft;
- Communicate project status to stakeholders and teams around the organization;
- Interact with multiple engineering teams for project requirements and provide scope and focus in a milestone;
- Help drive tooling decisions to align with M365’s higher initiatives and goals
- A BS in a technical discipline (CS, CompE, EE, Math, IS) or 4 additional years of industry experience
- A minimum of 5 years of previous technical program management or engineering experience required
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience building (vs just using) large scale validation pipelines, especially ones used on microservices and containers
- Proven track record in developing and shipping software or services; experience with shared platforms or services is preferred
- Demonstrated collaboration skills that require influencing peers and leaders to embrace best practices and align to engineering goals
- Experience as a product, or program manager in or developer tools, and has in-depth knowledge of developer tools, build, repository, and validation and testing fundamentals
- Coordinates well with multiple partners in different time zone
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.