Last updated an hour ago
|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Atlassian is hiring a finance leader for our global operations team. You will lead a FP&A team responsible for executing the operational strategy of Atlassian. You will play a key role in planning, providing insight into business performance, supporting strategic decision-making and helping predict the future of the business. This is a highly visible role in the organization with close partnership with senior business leaders across the company.
Atlassian’s mission is to unleash the potential in every team. And though we began this mission 15 years ago, in many ways, we are just getting started! It's the unique contributions of all Atlassians that drive our success, and we're committed to building a culture where everyone can thrive and find meaning in their work. Are you ready to help build the future?
In this newly created position, you will report to the Head of FP&A and will lead a high-performing distributed team. You will lead the preparation of accurate short / long range forecasts and own the business on its continued high growth path through relevant data / analysis. You will mentor a fantastic team that already works across cross our organization to drive strategic thinking about the growth of our business. You will lead and continuously build a very hardworking team, providing thought leadership to our CFO, our Founders and the entire Executive Team.
More about you
We are seeking a dynamic senior finance leader to help shape and drive forward the vision of one of the fastest growing companies in the market. With a passion to understand the bigger picture and think strategically, you also enjoy rolling up your sleeves and diving into intricate analyses, while also stepping back to develop a perspective on the business and drive outcomes. You thrive in a fast pace environment, look to solve challenging problems and are motivated to implement innovative ways to do things better.
You are a natural leader, with a “get it done” attitude. You draw people to you with your energy and curiosity. You work hard, but don’t take yourself too seriously. You can build credibility with your knowledge of both detail and big themes and communicate effectively with Executives and Board members, driving insight and action.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Lead the entire Atlassian operating forecast. From cost to host to hiring velocity to the long-term real estate strategy, you will be the go-to person for the executive team on explaining how the company is executing against its operating strategy.
- Compose the current and long-term operating narrative for internal and external partners.
- With the corporate finance team, drive the annual planning cycle to execute on the strategic vision of the upcoming year.
- identify investment opportunities and focus areas that propel Atlassian’s continued growth.
- Lead a high functioning, distributed team of FP&A talent.
ON YOUR FIRST DAY, WE'LL EXPECT YOU TO HAVE:
- Possess a strong work ethic and are high energy
- Are innovative, decisive, and willing to challenge the status quo
- Are able to encourage a team to deliver outstanding results
- Are a cross-team collaborator, able to effectively work with teams across multiple departments, time zones, and functions
- Have a consistent record of motivating change while still being collaborative and inclusive in nature
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to explain financial data to non-finance leaders
- Are a strategic problem solver, hands-on and resourceful
- Are adaptable and handle contending responsibilities in a timely manner
- Experience in leading and developing high caliber teams
- Experience in orchestrating and executing an annual planning cycle. Previous experience running a planning cycle at a public company is highly desired
- Deep understanding of financial modeling and key metrics used in the B2B SaaS; strong solid understanding of GAAP
- Prior software sector experience is a strong plus
- A minimum of 10 years in finance
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Finance, Accounting, Economics), MBA and/or CPA is a plus
More about our team
Atlassian has a business model, with a focus on growth and profitability, that is rare among its growth technology peers. We also have an analytics DNA that runs deep through the company's core. FP&A is a highly visible team at the intersection of both these focus areas. The FP&A team is a talented and collaborative team with a unique mix of technology industry, consulting and financial services background. We encourage decision-making at every level and highly value an open-minded approach and organizational transparency. We work closely with business leaders across all teams to support Atlassians continued growth. You'll join an extraordinary team that is passionate about Atlassian, its products, and its customers.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.