|Job Type:||Full Time|
Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Trust and Safety Team
As a part of the Marketplace Trust and Safety Team, you will have the opportunity to work on some of Thumbtack Support's most interesting and challenging issues. You will work as the front-line on issues that are integral to Thumbtacks' mission and longevity by ensuring our marketplace standards and policies are upheld. On this team, you will be part of a tight-knit group that works on solving real and serious problems for our users.
About the Role
You are an integral part of protecting the Thumbtack brand. You have a positive attitude and the willingness to help our users in whatever way possible within difficult situations. You thrive in ambiguity and are dedicated to helping users from problem to solution.
- Handle Trust and Safety cases involving customer concerns via phone, email, and resolution platforms
- Investigate and mediate disputes between users to help both parties reach a positive outcome
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Strong verbal communication, ability to establish a connection and trust over the phone, as well as empathize with the caller while still following Trust and Safety policies and procedures
- Strong writing abilities, able to effectively address concerns in emails and other messenger resolution platforms
- Is confident in their good judgement and decision making abilities
- Level-headed, does not get shaken by difficult or complex situations
- Positive attitude, loves solving problems and is a good listener
- Fluent in Spanish or Portuguese
- Previous experience on a Trust and Safety, Fraud Prevention, or advanced Customer Support Team
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.