|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering team members are strategic business partners and are the first to create innovative solutions exploiting Microsoft’s newest enterprise products and services. Core Services Engineering provides career growth opportunities, a rewarding and flexible work environment so you can better integrate professional and personal life. Unlike other organizations, Core Services Engineering employees make global impact on thousands of employees and millions of customers of Microsoft platforms and services.
The Software Engineer is responsible for the delivery of high-quality enterprise level solutions in support of the Business Platform and Supply Chain Application Services (BPSC) Mission. This role will represent the engineering discipline during project execution via a Combined Engineering model. This role also includes a strong accountability in regard to adherence to the Microsoft ITLC during the engineering activities and processes.
This specific Software Engineer will be functioning heavily within the SAP platform within the domain of SAP ABAP and other development technologies. This person will need to have a very solid understanding of both the technology and the practices regarding the evolution of requirements into a high-quality solution.
This position is responsible for ensuring that Microsoft policies and procedures regarding software engineering are upheld by both EAS’s full time employees and suppliers through process evolution and measurability.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
- Responsible for the execution & adherence of Software Engineering Standards for Data Archiving and retention
- Accountable for retention of critical intellectual property
- Actively drive design and architecture deliverables within project constructs
- Foster proactive and cooperative relationships within the project team
- Participate in project team activities and contributes to documentation requirements consistent with methodology
- Exercise independent judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Successfully complete engineering phases of projects in conformance to project goals, requirements, and schedule
- Analyze applications and make necessary changes to optimize solutions
- Accurately estimate work/time required to complete tasks
- Assist with the creation of project plans
- Participate in the creation of new guidelines and procedures
- Practice Agile+ software development by adding and leveraging Telemetry/Instrumentation to our components and services to drive decisions while executing in an agile cadence for engineering activities such as: designing, coding, testing, debugging and incident management.
- Adhere to and drive sound software engineering practices through design reviews, system design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, leveraging data / telemetry to make decisions.
- Develop “best-in-class” engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable.
- Support team efforts in adopting relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes from Microsoft and industry.
- Pays utmost attention to quality right from the design phase, incorporating TDD practices and are engineered for testability
- Exposes test coverage issues, organizes and implements integration tests, and resolves problem areas.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with mentors and leaders to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users.
- Applies coding patterns and best practices.
- Collaborate effectively with other disciplines of the project team.
- Identify new opportunities to help meet our customers’ needs.
- Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and do POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs.
- 8+ years of previous SAP development experience in ABAP in core SAP Modules like MM, SD, PP, FI/CO, SAP SCM, BW, Project Systems, Dassian, or OER
- 5+ years of experience in developing ABAP Objects: example: ALE/IDocs, ODATA V2 or V4, RFC, BAPI, BADI, User Exits, Webdynpro, AUT, ATC, SAPScripts, Smartforms, Adobe Forms, Workflow, Business Events, and Enhancements
- 2+ years of experience in S/4 HANA: example: CDS(Core Data Services) views, AMDP(ABAP Managed Database Procedures), BOPF(Business Object Processing Framework), SADL(Service Adaptation Description Language), MDE(Metadata Extensions) and annotations, ABAP development in Eclipse, SQL Script
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative skills and/or practical experience is required
- The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- HANA Certification
- Experience with ABAP ATC, CVA, Code Coverage
- 4+ years of experience in ABAP 7.4x or 7.5x
- 2+ years’ experience with Dassian, BIS and CFIN
- 1+ Year of development experience with SAP HCP and HCP Cloud SDK
- Experience in building design patterns, best practices and automating development standards
- Strong proficiency in SQL and OpenSQL
- Excellent understanding of software engineering practices
- Strong cross group collaboration abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to succeed in ambiguous environment
- Sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating, and decision-making skills
- S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- A track record of technical expertise, exemplary designs and implementations, ideation and delivery of innovative services, features, tools and engineering approaches.
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous, rapidly evolving environment with one-foot inside Microsoft and one-foot outside
- Experience in Agile execution
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional problem solving, troubleshooting, planning, and organizational navigation skills
- The ability to analyze problems and make appropriate decisions quickly
- Excellent interpersonal and group dynamic skills
- Strong written & verbal communication and presentation
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
#BPUSC #CPE #CSEO
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.