|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
f you enjoy working in an environment that survives on innovative, requires cross-functional collaboration and the ability to work across multiple cultures in a global industry, then a position on the High Speed Cable Assembly Team may be a good fit for you. The Team is responsible for designing and developing next generation cabling solutions for data center and networking companies. As bandwidth demands continue to increase, the performance of our products must keep pace to enable these technological advances. This is a technically challenging position that will require the ability to execute mechanical designs that can be cost effectively manufactured in high volume and still satisfy all the performance requirements that our customers demand. To be successful there will be daily interactions with manufacturing, signal integrity , test and quality engineers. From concept and prototyping to tooling approvals and product qualification, the Mechanical Engineer will be involved in every step required to achieve a successful product launch. TE has state-of-the-art prototyping equipment, CAD systems, analytical software and testing capabilities. All of which the Mechanical Engineer will need to use throughout the product development life cycle. In a single project the Mechanical Engineer could be developing parts that are die cast, stamped, molded, insert-molded, and plated
Are you a self-starter, a go-getter and have a passion for developing next generation high-speed cable assembly solutions? AT TE Connectivity, you will find a culture that rewards such hands-on engineering spirit. We empower our engineers to work collaboratively supporting our customer’s high-speed data communications products.
As a member of the Cable Assembly Development Team, the Mechanical Engineer will create innovative and cost-effective cable assembly solutions for high-speed data communications customers. This individual will develop new designs to meet the timing of market demands while balancing cost and performance to meet the demands of emerging markets. To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate is a Mechanical Engineer with strong mechanical design competencies, experience developing direct-attach cable (DAC) assemblies and who is familiar with high-speed data transmission over copper cabling.
As a Mechanical Engineer, High-Speed Cable, a typical day may include:
- Developing high-speed cable assembly solutions through collaboration with external customers and internal coworkers
- Developing products using DFM / DFA inputs from core manufacturing / automation team
- Interface with core development team members: quality, manufacturing, signal integrity, packaging, and industrial engineering to drive projects
- Develop product testing plans, prepare test samples, and lead product validation testing
- Conduct complex mechanical and electrical analysis scenarios to predict design success
- Learn and monitor key market drivers for products to maintain a proactive approach defining next generation technology
- BS Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 5-10yrs experience designing/developing high-speed cable assemblies (ie. SFP, QSFP, OSFP or similar)
- Demonstrated knowledge of high-speed cable assembly manufacturing processes
- Familiar with Small Form Factor Pluggable Multi-source Agreement (MSA) specifications
- Familiar with correlation between mechanical design and SI performance in high-speed cable assemblies
- Strong understanding of Geometric Dimensioning &Tolerancing schemes
- CAD experience required. Creo, highly preferred
- Knowledge and use of signal integrity and software a plus
Nice to have:
- Direct experience with 56G (or higher) data rates
- Familiar with network analyzers and other test equipment
- Strong project management skills
- Willingness to participate in occasional domestic or international travel
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
The amenities at our Middletown, PA campus enable our associates to collaborate, create and relax. Some of our on-campus benefits include:
- Full service cafeteria including food truck options
- Huddle seating throughout the campus to collaborate and connect
- Outdoor Patios
- Full Fitness Center
- Walking trails
- Electric Vehicle charging stations
- Employee Resource Committees
- Volunteer groups