|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure Compute is responsible for managing the health of millions of machines across Azure and also managing the lifecycle and availability of virtual machines running on them to provide 5 9’s availability to end customers. If you are interested in pushing the envelope on the cloud-scale distributed system technology and building rock-solid platform with high availability - we would love to hear from you!
We are the AZAP team in Azure Compute. The project involves extending the scale of current Azure to improve the utilization of over a million machines that are underutilized. The ability to use the machines better increases our ability to sell more compute capacity to the customers. The improved utilization also means million of dollars of savings. Also, building the next version of converged compute platform which can handle the scale and perf requirements of first party customers as well retain the high availability needed for third party. Going forward every Azure capacity will be built on this new AZAP architecture.
We are looking for a passionate, confident, and self-driven software engineer to help us scale this effort. You will work across the breadth of azure. You will be partnering with multiple teams in Compute as well in other organizations of Azure Networking and Storage to build this next version of Azure platform. We are looking for a senior software engineer, who thinks strategically, works pragmatically and with enthusiasm in a fast-moving environment.
Design and develop robust, distributed, scalable and resilient platform for Azure Computing, including services and tools; Live site monitoring, tooling and customer engagement on issues and features that affect customers; proactive live site detections and mitigations.
- A bachelor’s/master’s degree in computer science or related discipline, or equivalent relevant work experience
- 5+ years of software development experience in C++, C#, or Java (industry or academia)
- Passionate about writing code and proficient in at least one of the mainstream languages: C++, C, C#
- Excellent problem analyzing and solving skills with ability to quickly adapt to new technology and go deep in new focus areas
- Good team spirit and good oral/written communication skills in English
- Be responsible and proactive in driving improvements
- Experience with building services for distributed systems
- Experiences in designing scalable and performant solutions for distributed systems
- Experiences with Azure Compute infrastructure.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.