|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Are you an engineer looking to build cutting edge Cloud services? Do you have a passion for engineering, and to ‘build it right’? Do you take pride in the operational excellence of your services? If so, the Business Platform team in Core Platform Engineering has an opportunity for you.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is ready to be part of agile team, willing to experiment, deliver on a continuous basis and is focused on improving the customer experience. The ideal candidate should have experience working on cloud services, experience in developing large scale services, knowledge of agile development practices and experience with REST APIs, Serverless Compute, Comos DB, etc.,.
Our culture emphasizes continuous improvement, customer focus, and engineering excellence in a collaborative, agile environment. We are looking for outstanding engineers to join our team and build services at enterprise scale.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
- Design and Develop secure, maintainable, accessible, and scalable enterprise systems
- Embrace agile engineering practices and dev-ops culture with LiveSite focus. End to End engineering (from architecture to Livesite) accountability for the service
- Carry out quick technology “spikes” (or proofs of concepts) to create value in new features and service.
- Build enterprise scale systems through proven architecture patterns(microservices, serverless compute), design well-defined interfaces across multiple components, rigorous code reviews.
- Leveraging data and telemetry to make decisions and driving feedback into systems design and implementation.
- Influence product & system technology roadmap aligning to business outcomes.
- Drive test driven development, CI/CD pipelines and automated releases
- Coach and mentor the junior engineers in the team
- Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and do POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs.
- Strive for excellence in every aspect of your job including culture, communication, quality of products, engineering practices, tools etc.
- 8+ years of development and design, working on high availability systems
- 3+ years of experience building services on Cloud technologies
- 2+ years of architecture and design experience of enterprise scale web applications
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative skills and/or practical experience is required
- The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Preferred, not required:
- Solid C#/ Java/C++ coding skills, Object Oriented Programming, and design patterns.
- Experience building, and operating cloud services at enterprise scale
- Experience in CI/CD, Telemetry, Monitoring/Alerting for Applications/Services
- Testing mindset, before beginning code development
- Proven track record of increasing the impact and efficiency of services you support
- Solid debugging, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven skills in product design and implementation of complex components/apps.
- Open mind, commitment to teamwork, a fast learner’s mind and pride of ownership
- Great communication skills to drive collaborate cross-group and work effectively within the team
- Experience developing and testing computer software and/or online services.
- Excellent interpersonal and group dynamic skills
- Experience creating and shipping V1 products using modern development practices like A/B testing, and CI/CD, LiveSite.
- Demonstrate customer obsession from feature design to LiveSite management.
- DevOps approach to engineering out defects and overhead from the system.
#BPUSC #CPE #CSEO
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.