|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have passion for delivering key insights on top of Big Data? A desire to help shape the emerging data platform ecosystem with Cloud and Enterprise into a competitive differentiator? What about working directly with engineering counterparts and assorted business teams to influence how azure products, services, and business plans within C+E are operationalized and monetized?
The goal of Cloud and Enterprise (C+E) AIP team is to foster a data-driven culture, to encourage and enable the azure customers and partners to make more informed decisions through data. As part of that work team develops and operationalizes the high scale data platform that enables azure customers to realize and manage azure costs and partner teams to operationalize their goals. As the volume of data-and the demand for solutions-grows, we need a strong and experienced SDE who can design & develop on Big Data systems and help manage day-to-day operations.
- Create and manage complete designs that solve classes of problems, enable group of components, and satisfy business, customer, engineering and operational requirements.
- Design and develop key ingredients to big data pipelines using Spark, C#, T-SQL scripts, workflow orchestration tasks, diagnostic interfaces, service layers and other assorted reporting/distribution assets.
- Create different types of automated tests to ensure high quality bar.
- Monitor and proactively troubleshoot day-to-day operations.
- Own Technical design of components with overall systems view
- Engage Partners for feature validations
- Should be able to perform a technical lead role for a Project, which includes owning the tech design, planning and execution of tasks.
- 6+ years of strong design, coding, testing, and troubleshooting experience with customer facing systems.
- 2+ years of development experience in Big Data platforms is required. Spark is preferred.
- Outstanding coding skills in C# and T-SQL.
- Great design and problem solving skills, with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence at scale.
- Exceptional technical know-how, ability to quickly adapt to new technology and go deep in new focus areas.
- Demonstrated ability to drive and deliver features on time with quality.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to synthesize complex issues/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts.
- An attention to detail with self-discipline and a drive for results.
- Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and across organizational boundaries.
The candidate must also have:
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Information Systems, or closely related field.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com