|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
As an Operations Manager, you are responsible for;
- Responsibility for the day-to-day operations and short/long-term planning for the UltraFast Value Stream and MTA extrusion/assembly.
- Manage manufacturing, production control, engineering, inventory control, EH&S, shipping/receiving, etc. focusing on the development of technologies and continuous improvement and translating customer requirements into state-of-the-art manufacturing strategies and processes.
- Promote robust talent and positive culture development by reviewing and providing timely feedback to reports regarding their performance; mentoring, developing and motivating them; developing internal talent pool; helping resolve functional issues to achieve targeted performance; creating mid-term and long-term development plans for direct reports, and building a transparent and team-based working environment for the organization.
- Communicate with all related functions for production support and establish an effective communication channel with employees. Ensure implementation of company policy & regulations and model TE’s Core Values.
- Monitor the cost and effectiveness of daily production activities; develop and implement operating policies and procedures; and allocate labor and capital resources to maximize productivity and achieve delivery, quality, and cost targets.
- Research, evaluate, recommend and implement investments in technology, equipment or systems that will enhance the plant's production capabilities in order to optimize production, improve efficiency and reduce conversion cost.
- Optimize current capacity utilization through continuous process improvement, equipment upgrades, employee training, and development, as well as maintaining a disciplined approach to running the operation.
- Establish individual and group accountability within the department for problem-solving cost reduction and improvement activities.
- Foster a safe and clean working environment for employees through a strong commitment to TE’s EH&S compliance standards.
- Gain appropriate and necessary resources to ensure the annual business plan and planned projects are realized, and successfully manage the operating budget of the department.
Click here to learn more about Life at TE
- B.S. degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering preferred.
- Ability to energize and motivate people and to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytic, strategic, tactical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven track record of creating, implementing and/or sustaining a lean operation.
- Experience in developing, implementing and improving key performance indicator metrics through strong data analysis and continuous improvement.
This position is located at our Lickdale, PA site.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.