|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $13 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Joined with our consistent margin expansion and strategic M&A, TE will continue delivering industry-leading total shareholder returns (280% TE TSR over FY10-19, versus 190% for the S&P 500 overall). For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
Every day we help make the world greener, connected, productive and safer by powering megatrends like vehicle electrification, autonomous driving, high speed data, factory automation, IoT and minimally invasive surgery. By virtue of these content growth opportunities arrayed across the diverse markets and broad applications we serve, TE’s business model will continue delivering above-market organic growth rates.
TE fulfills its purpose not only through our products but in how we operate: supporting our local communities, ensuring sustainability, and living our values of Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Innovation. We have won numerous accolades and honors including, “World’s Most Ethical Companies” (Ethisphere Institute) “FORTUNE Change the World List” (ranked 4th), “Top 100 Global Innovator” (Clarivate Analytics), “Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality” (HRC), “America’s Best Employers” (Forbes) and “World’s Most Admired Companies” (FORTUNE)
Communication Solutions is one of the three reporting segments of TE Connectivity, with annual revenue of $1.8 billion (FY18). The segment is comprised of a diverse and global portfolio organized into 2 business units: Appliances and Data & Devices. Communication Solutions has tremendous opportunities to drive organic and inorganic growth to meet its goal of growing revenue to $1.9 billion by 2020. The Strategy and Business Development (S&BD) function plays a pivotal role in enabling this growth.
However, capitalizing on these growth opportunities require placing the right strategic bets — through both organic means and ensuring adequate Investments and management focus on these strategic bets, and continuous talent upgrades to facilitate execution. The S&BD function is responsible for advising and influencing the management team to place the right strategic bets and support their execution.
The Sr. Manager, Strategy & Business Development will be a key member of the strategy group and actively lead projects for the team. The Sr. Manager will work closely with senior leaders and functional experts throughout the company to deliver immediate business impact through recommendations based on evaluation of analytical data obtained from a range of sources.
A key element of success for this role will be the ability to take available, disparate data and reports, analyze them for commonality, cause and effect, and key business indicators, and succinctly present them to the organization for the purpose of influencing behaviors and business decisions.
- Facilitate development and communication of CS’s annual strategic plan
- Identify, track, and communicate key trends across industries, segments, and competitors that affect the communications segment businesses in the short- and long-term
- Conduct market research and deliver executive presentations to provide market context, portfolio and product line direction, and cost-benefit analysis of serving specific market segments
- Formulate specific go-to-market strategies for key emerging and adjacent markets
- Conduct research and analysis for potential acquisitions, equity investments, joint-ventures, alliances, licensing relationships, or divestiture opportunities
- Identify growth opportunities and develop execution plans:
- Assess competencies needed (e.g., sales force, R&D, and engineering)
- Identify profit pool shifts and opportunities to capture new profit pools
- Assess size, growth, and profitability of these profit pools
- Prioritize opportunities on multiple dimensions (e.g., size, profitability, potential growth, fit with current business)
- Evaluate potential structures for investments and divestments: equity investments, joint-ventures, alliances, licensing relationships
- Estimate timelines and resources needed
- Periodically pressure-test the business unit portfolio to identify potential adjustments (e.g., acquisitions, expansions, divestments)
- Evaluate opportunities to improve business performance and optimize cost structure
- Participate in the merger/acquisition process:
- Develop a pipeline of targeted investments
- Create business plans and financial models to support potential deals
- Contribute to due diligence of potential targets or partnersPlan post-merger integration of acquired businesses
- Train and mentor junior members within and outside the business unit
- Bring best practices from outside into TE
- 6-8 years of total work experience with at least 2-3 years of professional experience in consulting from a top tier consulting firm and/or internal corporate strategy/business development group in a corporation
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Science or Engineering from a leading institution; MBA preferred
- Additional experience in other roles (e.g., engineering, sales, operations, business development) at a high technology or diversified industrial company
- Experience in leading strategic projects and delivering results using cross-functional teams
- Proven strategic thinking and project execution to drive growth and value in a business
Skills and abilities:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills to anticipate, plan, prioritize and self-monitor workload
- Effective written, oral and presentation skills with the ability to clearly express ideas and recommendations to customers, TE executives and a broad range of audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership ability to effectively work across all levels and functions of TE, as well as with external contacts
- Willingness to coach and develop others
- Willingness to travel as required up to 20%
- Foreign language skills a plus, but not required
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.